• Sugar Cane 1945
    • Fullcount 0105
    • Studio D'Artisan 101

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ed,

Nice post comparing all the different denim together. I think that our options would be much wider if we opened it to jeans that cost a little more than $200. Do you think Benny at Take 5 could hook us up at all or maybe put their name on it some how? Store/brand sponsorship isn't necessary but it adds a little to the contest.

I've been interested in the S613 model since seeing them in the Denim Master magazine. Of all the models listed that's the one i'm most interested in wearing for a year straight.

What about everyone else?

Ed,

Nice post comparing all the different denim together. I think that our options would be much wider if we opened it to jeans that cost a little more than $200. Do you think Benny at Take 5 could hook us up at all or maybe put their name on it some how? Store/brand sponsorship isn't necessary but it adds a little to the contest.

I've been interested in the S613 model since seeing them in the Denim Master magazine. Of all the models listed that's the one i'm most interested in wearing for a year straight.

What about everyone else?

Yeah nice posts eddie. Is the real mccoy denim a bit slubby? it seems so in the pictures.

DP: I agree, the RM is the most interesting for me too. If it's possible to get our hands on them, I'd be keen.

I just checked the price of Real McCoy S613XHs at Take 5 and they are $282, before shipping. I don't think enough people would be willing to shell out over $300 for a pair of jeans. It's too bad they are that expensive.

fleXor, I would be interested in doing a Lee contest but I don't think there would be too many others interested in it. I'm not sure how I feel about that year either. I like the '59 model a little better. The Real McCoys Leepro's are nice but again, very expensive.

errr please no...

Ed, which contest do you plan on taking part in? I've seen you post in all three so it seems like you have interest in all of them.

Someone in the evisu thread suggested we join forces with them but I don't think that will happen. Evisu's are out of our price range and the dirty dozen just wore that jean for a year. It would be a year of old news wearing that jean.

I think I'll add a poll to see what repro everyone who is interested would like to wear. I think a Leepro would be good because the evisu and "official 2009" contests will be wearing Levis repros. Might as well stand apart from those. I think the only problem with Leepro's is that the inseam on most is 34 inches which might not be long enough for some.

Once the poll has been added please vote. Thanks.

imma help inthis im going to own the pairs of these contest jeans to collect not to contest in you got my support too and help

dont join forces with evisu's

i want this contest to be a standard no bullshit non slim just everyday daddy type regular fit non gay slim fit 8" hem stackings contest