Sign in to follow this  
beatle

2009 Superfuture Conest - Dry Bones

Are you up for it  

479 members have voted

1. 1. Are you up for it

• YES - Beatle rocks
    • NO - Beatle doesn't suck

i like the cut on the red-d but i'd be down for whatever depending on price.

I too, would like to cosign on Paul T's idea...simple, high quality with a (hopefully) good price point.

If we wanted another BiG contest then Eternal is a great choice because there are a lot of people that haven't been able to wear the 811s because of the short inseam, which is now no longer an issue

Eternals have longer inseams now? The BiG site size charts still list them around 33"

I'm also all for the Dry Bones option. I think it would be an interesting variation.

BiG is getting in a shipment of 881's with an inseam of 38. Raw too

yeah the 811s with 38" inseams are coming this month i think. 36" inseam in one wash and 38" raw. i'm getting them period contest or no contest fo sho

If it's done with Dry Bones we can pretty much anything you guys want for the contest.. And like i said, check out the worn pics in past issues of Lightning, their denim looks quite nice after months of wear..

If you want Flat Head, we can do that too, but the price will be higher and the flexibility will be less.

I'm leaning towards either Dry Bones or 811s, with a slight edge to Dry Bones. With Dry Bones we could either stick with the Red-Ds or a 21cm fit if possible. Although a 47 501 fit would be cool too. This is just me, though...

I wouldn't mind going with the dry bones. Theres so many flatheads laying around in sufu but not enough dry bones, plus it would be cheaper.

If it's done with Dry Bones we can pretty much anything you guys want for the contest.

Dry Bones FTW

Would love to participate; my vote is for a slim-cut jean. Price point is a consideration, though.

Can someone make a good scan of the faded pair of dry bones from the indigo master?

My scanner is pretty fucked, and more people need to see that beautifull green hue..

I really like the idea of having a Warehouse-like contest, where you basically pick your fit. Size down two or three and get a slim fit, size down one or go true to size and get a regular/relaxed fit.

Sid in a pair of size 29 red-d slim jeans:

dp580.jpg

Take note that this skinny kid is usually a size 28, so this is one size up. If you ask me, this seems pretty forgiving..

I am down like four flats on a dump truck. Just no skinny jeans please. I am into roomier jeans lately.

is this the pair your talking about, Kiya?

db1rm1.jpg

Also - gonna browse some more lightning magazines...

Not sure if that's the same exact pair, but that's the denim.

I know that pair pictured right there was washed quite a few times i was told by DB...

Lamb's FH

2552613100_d5bd8052ab.jpg

2552607316_de3bbe688f.jpg

Just throwing them out there...think about it..FH 5xxx denim , modern slim fit (NOT skinny) - a tad higher in the rise than 3001 cut....a tad roomier in the thighs....ya....

Those Flat Heads are beautiful! The whiskers are so symetrical.

Yeah a slightly roomier thigh and slim knee down like the selfedge and iron heart collab would be great .

I'd prefer either Sugar Cane or the Dry Bones. If Flathead, I'd prefer the 5XXX denim rather than the 3XXX. There's already so much exposure on the 3XXX denim, i.e. Sidney and World Tour. *Edit* around or even under $250 would be ideal. *edit*

Hopefully a cut with some more room in the thighs :-\?

Crazy thought? What if a pair was produced with some kind of stretch solely in the (small) waist with relatively large thighs. That way, people that want a slim pair can size down and the waist isn't going to permanently stretch too much; the people who want more room in the thighs won't have to size up (too much, if at all) since the waist band will stretch more easily?

just out of cuirosity, with SelfEdge releasing their own in-house products...would it be completely out of the question for SelfEdge to make a run of their very own denim and in-house line?

It could be a collective decision on fit, kind of denim, etc. completely customized...

and hopefully at a decent priceline also...

better yet, i think it would be really interesting if they took the exact same denim, made a run of two or three different fits (relaxed, straight, tapered) and had a contest that way. That way, we can have a variety of people and fits in the contest and it would be interesting to see the kind of results we get...

PLEASE KIYA? :)