479 members have voted

1. 1. Are you up for it

• YES - Beatle rocks
    • NO - Beatle doesn't suck

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

someone corrected me a few posts back ... that these are unsanforized... well what do you now?!

LOL, I don't get what you're trying to prove?

News Update:

The denim is unsanforized... Which is great, because we here at the store prefer unsanforized denim.

The specs listed for the denim that was produced listed the denim as "sanforized - little shrinkage", but it turns out they are not sanforized. They don't shrink as much as the denim found on Flat Head, PBJ's, Real Japan Blues, etc.. but they do shrink.

Shrinkage info is now found on the product page on our site:

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.p...ducts _id=410

Sample shrinking measurements for a size 30, soaked in hot water for 30 minutes, then lined dried:

BEFORE

Waist 32.5

Inseam 37

Thigh 11.2

Leg Opening 8.2

AFTER

Waist 31.7

Inseam 35

Thigh 11

Leg Opening 8

Its been made clear these don't shrink as much, but the jeans aren't sanforized... is that really that hard to believe?

LOL.. I figured out how to slim my jeans down.. cuffing.

Basically, I didn't cuff enough, and the denim was JUST post-soak so they were super stiff. Because they can't really "stack" in their stiffness they just ballooned out and made everything look really out of proportion. After cuffing, I guess things get pulled down more streamlined and such, giving a nice, cleaner fit. Pardon the backgrounds, I just tried to find decent lighting:

Before Cuffing:

Photo49.jpg

After Cuffing:

Photo68.jpg

Photo61.jpg

I'm satisfied with the fit, glad I didn't size down.. These are nice and relaxed, which was what I was going for. I already have my SExFH05BKs which are pretty slim, so I'm glad these fit more straight..

Should get them hemmed imo. I like the cuff look, just not when it's folded over twice.

^ I kinda dig the super-hi cuff over work boots. I was at my brother's job site (he's an engineer with a construction company) and one of his crew was working on the building in really high boots with overalls rolled up to the lower calf. I thought it was an awesome old-school, functional, working-man look. I don't think it'd work so hot with non-boots, though. And also I think you'd need a less modern-looking upper half.

What kinda boots are those, anyhow?

they're clark desert boots. yeah i kinda like what i have going on, but thats without any hemming. fit also works for cycling, so i don't think it'll be too bad wearing other shoes. thanks for the opinion though, definitely gonna get other stuff for my top half

Everyone's gonna have their own opinion on single vs double cuff. I dig the cleaner horizontal band a double cuff creates, it's bolder. The hemmed line at the top of a single cuff is more subtle. Visually shrinks the cuff.

I'm tempted to go branespload's route with the double cuff as a slimming mechanism. Mine are just too big at w30.

If anyone has a w28 or w29 and is considering sizing up, maybe we could trade. Mine are hot soaked and unhemmed. The waist very clearly measures 32" to 33" which I honestly don't really understand as they should have shipped 32" pre-soak.

Got around to taking measurements and pictures.

I hot-soaked these in a bin on the hottest tap water from my shower for about and hour and then line dried them (see here).

For reference, these are a 32 and I'm 6'0" and about 160 lbs. I could have probably sized down one more, but I wanted more of a relaxed fit.

Pre/post-soak measurements (in inches):

Size32Measurements2.jpg

How come these figures are so different from SE ones, especially for the waist ?

SE states for a tag 32 : 34 pre soak (33 post soak) and here 35 pre 34 post ? different way of measuring ?

Otherwise I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on these but hesitate between 31 and 32, have 32 in SD103 and PBJ 005, they both fit nice more on the "confort side", and have both 30 and 31 in APC NS, should I go 31 on these ?

Arthur75, I purchased a size 33, which according to the site should measure 35 at the waist. Mine measured 36. After two hot soaks, I was able to get it down to 34.5.

If you are trying to decide between 31 and 32, I'd go with the 31. Take note that these stretch back quite easily, so if they're too tight, don't worry too much.

my size 31s are like, probably close to a 35" waist by now. i haven't measured, but they definitely do not stay on my waist/hips without a belt, and the waistband/top block just looks ridiculous on the floor. like big fat man jeans.

that said, the extra room in the top isn't bad at all. these are really comfortable and don't feel heavy at all.

i'm not so sure i'd recommend people to size down at all, though. i guess if you have small thighs in proportion to your waist, then yeah, you could go down one. like say your true waist measures 31 or 32 but you've got some tiny ass thighs, you could get a 30. i think the recommendations to "size for the thigh" are spot on.

my size 31s are like, probably close to a 35" waist by now. i haven't measured, but they definitely do not stay on my waist/hips without a belt, and the waistband/top block just looks ridiculous on the floor. like big fat man jeans.

that said, the extra room in the top isn't bad at all. these are really comfortable and don't feel heavy at all.

i'm not so sure i'd recommend people to size down at all, though. i guess if you have small thighs in proportion to your waist, then yeah, you could go down one. like say your true waist measures 31 or 32 but you've got some tiny ass thighs, you could get a 30. i think the recommendations to "size for the thigh" are spot on.

Yeah, that's how I sized and it turned out great.

I'm looking forward to the start of the contest tomorrow! :)

Ok thanks for the infos, will check the thighs thing but will probably go for the 31s (except I prefer the leg opening size of the 32s ! :) )

As long as your leg will fit through it, i'm sure you will be fine. Leg openings, to me at least, only really matter if you're going for a tapered look and since these are straight leg i can't imagine what would be that different.

the thighs on my pair of 28's seems a lot looser than my BSP sz 29 thighs, really roomy and comfy.

i also agree with the waist issue. At self edge when i tried them on i thought they were a tad tight, and after post soak and wearing mine for a day or two i almost feel like they're slipping a bit and am wearing a belt.