479 members have voted

1. 1. Are you up for it

• YES - Beatle rocks
    • NO - Beatle doesn't suck

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dam man! wished i had the right size from the start!

but piercehan, looks like that the right sizing!

yeah i like my fit although everyone on here said it was too tight. i think the purpose of the jeans for kiya was to be loose fitting. mine look like sized down apc new standards at the moment. so yeah ...

i guess i went against the purpose of the jeans without really intending to

echau, looks like they did stretch out a ton on you. i may just hold onto mine. the rise on mine is low- about 1/2 inch away from indecency up front.

well just the waist and a little on the thighs. oh well, i'm enjoying the comfort of having a little more room in my jeans =)

i thought these are sanforized whyd you soak??

They are unsanforized Edmond.

Here's what Kiya said:

News Update:

The denim is unsanforized... Which is great, because we here at the store prefer unsanforized denim.

The specs listed for the denim that was produced listed the denim as "sanforized - little shrinkage", but it turns out they are not sanforized. They don't shrink as much as the denim found on Flat Head, PBJ's, Real Japan Blues, etc.. but they do shrink.

Shrinkage info is now found on the product page on our site:

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=72&products_id=410

Sample shrinking measurements for a size 30, soaked in hot water for 30 minutes, then lined dried:

BEFORE

Waist 32.5

Inseam 37

Thigh 11.2

Leg Opening 8.2

AFTER

Waist 31.7

Inseam 35

Thigh 11

Leg Opening 8

^

Really? I guess I'm lucky then because I got mine to stay pretty easily.

:D

Guess so! Mayhaps it's easier with different sizes (wider legs on larger waist-size might have better stand-up-ability)?

still no official contest thread?

Still not April.

I've almost broken through the rep-bar embroidery already. I suppose it's from rubbing on my bike seat. And getting some neon-blue-crotch action.

just got back, LETS DO THIS

for reference, i am 5'5"-5'6" about 140lbs. size 28

pres soak pics

That fit looks pretty spot-on to me! (maybe that's because it looks pretty similar to how mine fit)

I kinda dig stacking over boots... I bet after the soak it won't be so overdone.

You calling me a fattie? :mad::(:P

Yeah man... might as well change your handle to TONSxOFxFUNxjustin

LOL.. I figured out how to slim my jeans down.. cuffing.

Basically, I didn't cuff enough, and the denim was JUST post-soak so they were super stiff. Because they can't really "stack" in their stiffness they just ballooned out and made everything look really out of proportion. After cuffing, I guess things get pulled down more streamlined and such, giving a nice, cleaner fit. Pardon the backgrounds, I just tried to find decent lighting:

Before Cuffing:

Photo49.jpg

After Cuffing:

Photo68.jpg

Photo61.jpg

I'm satisfied with the fit, glad I didn't size down.. These are nice and relaxed, which was what I was going for. I already have my SExFH05BKs which are pretty slim, so I'm glad these fit more straight..

i cuffed mine about that short, just slightly past the ankle while standing, and showing a lil' leg while sitting. i fell in love with the look instantly; don't care if it's silly or not.

Being late a bit for the contest doesn't matter, the end date will be April 1st 2010.

Rockabilly style gets rep.

Got around to taking measurements and pictures.

I hot-soaked these in a bin on the hottest tap water from my shower for about and hour and then line dried them (see here).

For reference, these are a 32 and I'm 6'0" and about 160 lbs. I could have probably sized down one more, but I wanted more of a relaxed fit.

Pre/post-soak measurements (in inches):

Size32Measurements2.jpg

Post-soak pictures:

SExDBxS0932FitPost-Soak2.jpg

And for comparison, pre-soak pictures:

SExDBxS0932Fit.jpg

If you have any other questions, feel free to PM and I'll get to them as soon as I can.

Thanks