2009 Superfuture Conest - Dry Bones

beatle

Are you up for it  

479 members have voted

1. 1. Are you up for it

• YES - Beatle rocks
    • NO - Beatle doesn't suck

Enthusiasm seems to have cooled down considerably for these...? Any ETA for a more complete size chart?

Enthusiasm will go back up once i have a more finished product to show..

i've got a meeting with Dry Bones in six hours to finalize the specs and such..

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ I tend to think of myself as a size-31 kinda guy. The jeans I'm currently wearing regularly (House of Cassette) measure about 32" in the waist... granted they're pretty well-worn and I wear them lower than I wore the SExSFxDB's when I tried them on.

Now this makes it confusing for me now. I'm a size 29 kinda guy and was planning on picking up a size 28. And somehow you managed to fit 3 sizes smaller? Sounds strange.

Then again it's hard to gauge since you didn't have a camera and have no idea how you high you wore the jeans. Either way, the denim sounds great. Can't wait.

Now this makes it confusing for me now. I'm a size 29 kinda guy and was planning on picking up a size 28. And somehow you managed to fit 3 sizes smaller? Sounds strange.

Then again it's hard to gauge since you didn't have a camera and have no idea how you high you wore the jeans. Either way, the denim sounds great. Can't wait.

Same, going to have to hope that the 27s fit (unless 26s are made, but I doubt that's happening), we'll see when a sizing chart comes out

I'm thinking the best thing to do is rely on the measurement chart Kiya will provide. I think my sizing inconsistency is more a demonstration of doing the compare-sizes-to-other-people-and-other-brands method for figuring out what size to go with.

I might be in san francisco again tomorrow. If I make it by self edge, I'll take pictures.

Just got back to our hotel from the Dry Bones meeting 35 shochu drinks later..

The sample is now in the hands of DB, they're redoing it with the final denim type, which is different than what was seen on the second sample, and also with the modified pockets (smaller and higher), smaller leg opening, and coin pocket selvedge...

We should see a final sample in three weeks, and the poll should now be closed.

There is no sign up list, we're producing a bit OVER what the poll shows now and releasing it to the Superdenim forum all at once on the Self Edge website sometime during late January...

The denim and fit will be spot on, we wouldn't let you down if it's got the Superfuture name on it..

Just got confirmation on the complete order...

The final denim that's going to be used on the jean will be slightly different than the one that was seen on the sample...

Also, the fit has been improved...

I should have a final sample in two weeks or less.. and the entire run should be done by the first week of February, so we're about 8 weeks away from the contest starting.

I've said this before.. you don't want to miss out on this one, it's really a special jean... Cotton Duck sat in on the meeting with me in Tokyo last week and can attest to the fact that you'll be surprised once you see the finished product.

Final specs will be told during the first week of December...

Just got confirmation on the complete order...

The final denim that's going to be used on the jean will be slightly different than the one that was seen on the sample...

Also, the fit has been improved...

I should have a final sample in two weeks or less.. and the entire run should be done by the first week of February, so we're about 8 weeks away from the contest starting.

I've said this before.. you don't want to miss out on this one, it's really a special jean... Cotton Duck sat in on the meeting with me in Tokyo last week and can attest to the fact that you'll be surprised once you see the finished product.

final price + chain stich?

$270 (free shipping worldwide even though the profit margin is even for this project..).. and yes, they'll be chainstitched..