479 members have voted

1. 1. Are you up for it

• YES - Beatle rocks
    • NO - Beatle doesn't suck

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

am i alone in thinking we should do a shorter inseam? everything comes with a super long inseam right now. aren't you guys tired of stacking yet? no ones inseam is really 36" unless you're jeepster or selective beef. if the dry bones sanforized denim is used, then the inseam would pretty much remain a 37" length. that shit is so tired. let's aim for something looser ('66, 505, whatever) w/ a decently high rise! donut buttons! leather patch! not crazy inseam! a real updated vintage denim with modern twists like an interesting denim and maybe other tidbits.

anyone else like this

am i alone in thinking we should do a shorter inseam? everything comes with a super long inseam right now. aren't you guys tired of stacking yet? no ones inseam is really 36" unless you're jeepster or selective beef. if the dry bones sanforized denim is used, then the inseam would pretty much remain a 37" length. that shit is so tired. let's aim for something looser ('66, 505, whatever) w/ a decently high rise! donut buttons! leather patch! not crazy inseam! a real updated vintage denim with modern twists like an interesting denim and maybe other tidbits.

anyone else like this

SECONDED! + rep even.

^^if it is a '66 or 505 cut i would like to be able to cuff it. if it shrinks to 34 or 35 inseam then i wouldn't be able to do that. and a long inseam can always be hemmed. it is smart to keep the options open because after all we need 80 - 100 people per cut...

reasonable inseam, hem to your liking, done.

i think the problem therein lies that for jeans with a taper (which, from the sound of things, there will be a strong taper) hemming a few inches off the inseam means your stuck w/ a different cut.

people - if you want to try to put something together like what i've discussed above, possibly taking cue from the regular non-slim/straight contest thread, get at me... rep, pm, whatever. maybe we can have 2 definitive CUSTOM MADE contests. this thread sounds like it's moving in the direction of what we've seen on sufu for a long time: "modern slim" (read: skinny) fit with a long inseam (read: unnecessary amounts stacking). let's get a custom repro/fuller cut project going. i think sugarcane would be the best option b/c of denim options and price point.

anyone else like this

I'm 6'3" and have a 36 inseam. With a longer inseam you can always hem it, but if it's too short there isn't much you can do.

i think the problem therein lies that for jeans with a taper (which, from the sound of things, there will be a strong taper) hemming a few inches off the inseam means your stuck w/ a different cut.

people - if you want to try to put something together like what i've discussed above, possibly taking cue from the regular non-slim/straight contest thread, get at me... rep, pm, whatever. maybe we can have 2 definitive CUSTOM MADE contests. this thread sounds like it's moving in the direction of what we've seen on sufu for a long time: "modern slim" (read: skinny) fit with a long inseam (read: unnecessary amounts stacking). let's get a custom repro/fuller cut project going. i think sugarcane would be the best option b/c of denim options and price point.

very true

Kiya already suggested a Dry Bones 66 cut, I'd like to try out that denim. Not to mention Sugarcane already HAS a 66 cut.

he suggested a slimmed down '66 with a lower rise. as awesome as that would be, its sounds like everything else that's around. in fact it sounds a lot like the red-d

you must have a short ass torso man. i'm 5 inches shorter than you with a 30" inseam (no stacking, normal hem).

Wait, you just said that you're 5 inches shorter than me and have an inseam that's 6 inches less than mine. With only a 1 inch difference I'd say our proportions are fairly similar.

Also, 6'3" = 75 inches, so 36 inches puts my inseam at slightly less than half my hight. So how does that mean have a short torso? :confused:

Wait, you just said that you're 5 inches shorter than me and have an inseam that's 6 inches less than mine. With only a 1 inch difference I'd say our proportions are fairly similar.

Also, 6'3" = 75 inches, so 36 inches puts my inseam at slightly less than half my hight. So how does that mean have a short torso? :confused:

b/c i'm 5" shorter than you and it's almost all in the legs. that would mean our torsos are the same length but your legs are longer.

if we have to stick with one cut, i say go with something baggier. not baggy, but a standard straight leg with a SLIGHT taper...

leave the inseam as you can just get that shit hemmed...but im starting to really dislike the stacks on my warehouse's, so thinkin about gettin it chopped off a few inches.

Allright - we're looking foward to a pretty unique project..

A completely new cut....a jean that will be made exclusively for this forum - and only once....

If you're interested = send me a pm - subject 2009 = I'm gonna try to find out a realistic number.....

Thanks for 50 pm's....

Whatever jean is picked, can it PLEASE shrink up to a 36 or 37 inseam so us taller guys can participate?

Having just bought a pair of Red-D's, I personally would LOVE to experience a flathead 3001 type denim that I could wear in a more relaxed fit than these Red-D's. I will never be able to wear the 3001s because of my height 6'4'' and I really want to experience some flathead denim. I vote for FH. Several members including myself are working on some Red-D's right now.

Japan Blue denim would be cool too! or something really thick.

For the record, Dry Bones' Sushi Ear denim does NOT fade as slowly as a few have said. I've seen pairs in Japan that look to have some decent wear after only four or five months..
Eh, I dunno Kiya. I've got my pair I bought from you and I'm going on 4 months and I've worn them every single day all day since I got them and they're not very faded. The left whiskers are barely visible, the honeycombs and stacks have just come up and the right whiskers are so so.

i wont be participating, but with the way those 3001s fade, fh would def make a wise choice for a contest denim. maybe everybody could get the cut of their choice, but in the same denim. having the same exact cut may minimize the number of participants,but maybe thats asking too much(but not for a company thats trying to blow up in the states, especially since i know they are aware of how sufu cats have boosted certain brands sales due to contests and the like...)

We can also do Dry Bones, and we can work on pricing to a point of which i THINK we can drop it down below $250.. maybe less depending on how many we do. We'd still offer our free shipping so it'd be the price we set, flat, regardless of where you are.

Also, we can do a slim cut, but not skinny... Or just a slim straight classic cut like a slimmed down '66 with a slightly lower rise.

I like the idea of a kind of "everyday jean" that will work across the readership. Something that falls maybe between the FH F310 and F380 that everyone knows (Yes, I'm angling for another IH 634 cut jean, fuck you all!). Slim enough to not alienate anyone, loose enough to not neuter anyone.

Paul T - only reason i'd be against the dry bones is b/c of the sanforized denim. doesn't sit well with me for some reason.

I like the whole "authenticity" thing with unsanforized denim, but with a contest jean, they get worn the fuck out, and since we're going for a slim/straight/contemporary jean, I'm not too worried. Also, looking at the sizing nightmare in the Warehouse contest, I kind of like the idea of sanforized denim where contestants know exactly what they're getting at the start, especially if the contest is big.

Personally, the Eternal denim is about the only denim I've seen, don't have, and want, but I'm down for any denim if it's a reasonable cut, price, and sizing isn't fucking broken. If I'm looking at another pair of USAs where the reported size is 4 inches from the real size, I'm not about to waste my time or money. Contests, such as they are, should be set up to make things manageable for lots of people.

Like I keep saying a good '66 cut I think would be perfect for everyone cause its not too bad in either direction. What I think would be cool about Dry Bones is the stuff available stateside isn't really repro. Sugarcane especially got their start making repros, so I think it'd be cool to see a different type of company making something like that. And getting it under 250 is always a plus as well.