2009 Superfuture Conest - Dry Bones

beatle

Are you up for it  

479 members have voted

1. 1. Are you up for it

• YES - Beatle rocks
    • NO - Beatle doesn't suck

That would be possible with Dry Bones actually, but there would be a minimum of 80 per cut.

So we can do a slim Red-D style jean, then a more traditional slimmed down '66 style jean.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like jpsmith and Paul T's ideas re. anti-fit, '47 fit, etc. Those are more what I would actually select as a purchase. Is forged iron hardware available?

Definitely interested.

I think doing three cuts would be an absolutely fantastic idea. One could be a low rise tapered slim (not super skinny) fit, another a mid/low rise straight leg, and then a roomy fit mid rise. Everybody would be pleased. I think both denim brands are great, and it would be nice to try the dry bones considering they aren't that popular.

Also, if custom denim ended up being used, I always thought it would be cool to have some 16 ounce slubby denim with alternating lighter indigo / darker indigo threads in the warp and then black weft that won't fade. Soooo, when the denim did fade, it would leave black patches underneath. I don't know why but i like that idea.

Also, if custom denim ended up being used, I always thought it would be cool to have some 16 ounce slubby denim with alternating lighter indigo / darker indigo threads in the warp and then black weft that won't fade. Soooo, when the denim did fade, it would leave black patches underneath. I don't know why but i like that idea.

i think that might come out looking kind of fucked up

it could be cool - like an oil stain type of look maybe - but it sounds kind of :eek:

Can someone explain the '66 cut for the denim noobs like me? Is the '66 cut more relaxed fitted compared to the tapered/skinny fit?

a '66 cut is essentially the slimmest cut of Levis 501s made. So while it slims down a decent amount, its not as slim compared to a tapered/ skinny fit of today.

I think doing three cuts would be an absolutely fantastic idea. One could be a low rise tapered slim (not super skinny) fit, another a mid/low rise straight leg, and then a roomy fit mid rise. Everybody would be pleased. I think both denim brands are great, and it would be nice to try the dry bones considering they aren't that popular.

i was thinking if it were possible to do three fits, we could actually do one pair that is more of a skinny fit for some of the ladies to get involved too. i think we have a small number of girls woh would be willing to do it along with a good number of guys who would also opt for the skinny fit also.

second fit could be a straight leg with a slight taper (ie 5000vx fit or a 0500xx) and the other could be a more relaxed 501 fit.

agreed with dry bones...even though something about sanforized denim is a slight turn off but it really wouldnt make a difference on the long run i guess.

Keep in mind.. we'd need to do between 80 and 100 of EACH fit, so the more fits, the more people we'd need to commit to this contest...

I believe there were at least 200 people in the BiG x Warehouse competition and even more bought the non-contest jeans afterwards. While it may have been because of the low price, I still think there will be enough demand to meet a 80 pair/fit with three fits contest.

I believe there were at least 200 people in the BiG x Warehouse competition and even more bought the non-contest jeans afterwards. While it may have been because of the low price, I still think there will be enough demand to meet a 80 pair/fit with three fits contest.

I think they would sell, as well. With the three fits, I guess people could do preorders, and if there was less than a certain amount of preorders for a certain fit of the jean it could be halted and wouldn't go into production. Just an idea if you had been woried about losing money, kiya.