479 members have voted

1. 1. Are you up for it

• YES - Beatle rocks
    • NO - Beatle doesn't suck

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm up for this having missed out on so many others.

I would vote for a slim rather than skinny fit, a la 505 or 47. As far as off-the-wall options, I'd like to see that with the fabric, maybe with the 5100 yellow line denim. And if we go for different hardware, something really minimal, maybe plain doughnut buttons and vintage-stlye, hand-hammered solid copper rivets. TO give us something high-quality, but super-plain... stealthy.

]

agreed (with 505 cut)

I've lurked here long enough and thought I'd weigh in. It would be logical to have the 'conest' appeal to more participation. Price and cut would be the only deciding factors for most.

On the price front we could contact/have kiya contact some of the more obscure brands that don't get enough play around here (http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=22582) and see if they'd be interested in such an enterprise. Burgus Plus is an option - they are already priced very reasonably at $125. I have nothing against Flathead/Samurai and own a pair of both but they are relatively well established and would be less willing to work with us on keeping the price anywhere near the range offered by BiG and Warehouse. I'd personally love to see more sugarcane's/fullcounts around here. The exposure this contest would offer should make a savy company bite.

If the jeans were available in two simple cuts (mid/low rise slim, high rise straight) a lot more people would jump on this bandwagon.

i think something in a f380 type cut would be nice. maybe switch up the hardware and denim color or stitching... switch up the cut a lil too?. something us bigger dudes can easily wear, as well as skinny folk. my sexfh's could stand to hold about 10 lbs less of the_state.

paul t's reco's are spot on. maybe a sugarcane collab would be optimal to keep the price down... not too many of us can afford $300 jeans, no matter how perfect they may be.

I'm going to let you in on a secret.

Selfedge (and hereby Kiya) got a collection of brands in store, and that is what they have.

That means that stuff like burgus plus just won't come into consideration if this is a selfedge sponsored contest.

Also, don't underestimate the previous mentioned shopowners influence on flathead. I have a feeling that him and the CEO of FH call each other up longdistance and read up bedtime storries..

Edit: No hypebeasting btw?

Its kind of silly to expect a Self Edge driven contest to contain denim by a brand that Self Edge doesn't carry. They already have business relationships with these brands so it just makes sense. Especially if you want to get a special run or some sort of unique detail.

Its kind of silly to expect a Self Edge driven contest to contain denim by a brand that Self Edge doesn't carry. They already have business relationships with these brands so it just makes sense. Especially if you want to get a special run or some sort of unique detail.

I agree with you on that. Although Flatheads would be a lot of fun, we could try some of the lesser discussed brands they carry like Dry Bones.

Sugar Cane Hawaiis would be interesting too.

I got my canes at selfedge. There was a period not too long ago when kiya was still negotiating with flathead and it too was a relatively obscure brand. The link to the burgus thread was only a suggestion.

I just don't see Samurai or Flathead willing to do peddle their wares for anything less than 3 bills when their new runs sellout of the day of release.

We'll see what happens...I guess it's too early to discuss the price and stuff...

I'm curious though to find out what FH and Kiya would cook up - and in the meantime - keep suggestions coming...

I like the idea of Ande Whall - allthough his regular prices ar at $ 245 right now....

What is so charming about FH is the denim...

The only other denim that comes to mind is Eternal....price wise also a great option...

But I think it would be fair to give Gordon a break - after organizing the Dubbleworks contest..

But I'm gonna shoot him an email...

I'm all for the Flathead contest. I'm sure Kiya can work something up with them that everyone can agree on. I bet he will post some suggestions later on today.

Give him a few hours to get going this morning since he probably pickled his brain on Fernet last night.