1. 1. Are you up for it

• YES - Beatle rocks
    • NO - Beatle doesn't suck

It came up in the small question thread - so here's the thought

Superfuture world wide denimcontest 2009

Dry Bones X Selfedge

Possible special run for contest

Quote Kiya

That sounds fun and something we've considered this year..

We can start it in january or february..

We can do a special run for the contest maybe even.. :)

I would be aiming for a not too tapered leg - in order to get as many ppl as possible interested - thinking of a modern slim fit...

Shoot

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not even a question of if I'm down or not...brilliant beatle, just brilliant! ;)

Although I have to say this reminds me somewhat of the SExFH05 "contest" that isn't really happening save for a few proud faithful. As for the cut, isn't a "modern slim fit with a not too tapered leg" basically the F310/3001? It'd still be nice to get special detailing on a pair even if it's decided to stick with that model, however...

This could be cool, but why not try something different as far as the actual jeans go? The past two contest jeans, as far as I can tell, have been more-or-less slim-fit jeans. Maybe something roomier/anti-fit? Higher rise? Cinch-back? Exposed rivets? Black/persimmon/hickory stripe denim? Just a suggestion, it would be interesting to see something different in the design.

^ agreed. im down either way, but i think it would be more fun if we could do this with a pair that people arent too familiar with the fades of. plus, no matter wat, sidneylo probably won this contest way before.

but again, im down either way, ive been looking for excuses to buy a pair of flatheads

flat head is cool and all, but how bout a brand that people are not familiar of?

While I understand what you're getting at, I think Flat Head would be the most practical. First of all, if we want to get this officially endorsed by Self Edge, it'd help to stick with brands they actually carry. As far as I know there hasn't been a Flat Head contest and out of the other brands carried, we all know "sick fadez" can be acheived within say, a one year period. Skull? Already one going on. Iron Heart? Would be interesting as they are damn tough but again we need to consider the time period. Errr you get the point. More positive points for Flathead would be kiya's strong relationship with FH giving us more room for creativity, customization, prizes, and maybe even a cheaper cost for the jeans themselves?

I'm up for this having missed out on so many others.

I would vote for a slim rather than skinny fit, a la 505 or 47. As far as off-the-wall options, I'd like to see that with the fabric, maybe with the 5100 yellow line denim. And if we go for different hardware, something really minimal, maybe plain doughnut buttons and vintage-stlye, hand-hammered solid copper rivets. TO give us something high-quality, but super-plain... stealthy.

Yes sir, that would be my first denim contest and the begining of the year will be a perfect timing to change my 103. I'm in.

I agree with a no skinny cut, but lets try to find something not too roomy either. Something everybody can be happy with.

Anyway, I'll be part of the contest. Great Idea!

I'm up for this having missed out on so many others.

I would vote for a slim rather than skinny fit, a la 505 or 47. As far as off-the-wall options, I'd like to see that with the fabric, maybe with the 5100 yellow line denim. And if we go for different hardware, something really minimal, maybe plain doughnut buttons and vintage-stlye, hand-hammered solid copper rivets. TO give us something high-quality, but super-plain... stealthy.

Ninja jeans ftw!

No really, i agree. We need the most minimialistic design possible.

Bigger canvas = more/better possible outcome

i'm interested; i'd prefer another brand though since i'm just about to start wearing my F380's, maybe some RealMccoys S614? Isn't Selfedge about to distribute that brand?

Can you guys please look at the words coming out of Kiya's mouth?

Special run?

Let's be honest, how many times do you get to fuck around with a special run.

Also, look at all the contests over at mynudies. See how many of them that just goes right down the drain. You know why? No obvious sponsor. So just.. take the deal and run guys!