mopeds and other two wheeled slow fun

kiya

Yes, it is. Italian 49cc from the sixties!

Where are the pedals?

I got pedals on mine and back in those days all mopeds had to have them, but not anymore..

(I think around mid 70's in Holland mopeds didn't have to have pedals any more plus

nowadays most collectors import these from Italy where they didn't have to have pedals and these babies are now road legal this way.)

I love your bike, but it ain't a moped without pedals, it's a motorcycle.

Box that thing up and let Samuel bring it with him to San Francisco.

Please?

If you ever want to sell that thing and have a cheap way to get it to California let me know. :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

2892631816_6d148c4929_o.jpg

Shit was scary and fun... 200 mopeds wreaking havoc across San Francisco last night. Thanks to Sonny i was able to make it through the ride. My moped is the closest one in the photo..

Photo by "angeliqueeeeee!" of Moped Army.

How come some mopeds have the gas tank in the middle making it look more motorcycle like?

Is this an add-on piece or certain years/makes/models have tanks in the middle?

not an add on, even though you could fashion one on yourself w/ a little welding and math.

this is a picture of a buddy of mines ped.

hands down one of the most popular mopeds, Puch Magnum.

img_0419.jpg

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/mcy/862010694.html

i might buy this for my girl, she saw yours kiya and she thinks its cute.(no offense...?)

is this too much to pay?

I have the same exact moped.. i paid $450 for it though.

One big draw-back to the 102 is that it's not upgradable.. you can't really do much to make it any faster than it is stock, one big advantage though is that it's a super reliable moped model and you won't have to worry much about it breaking down every week like most mopeds do.

i like how on the ad he goes 'cafe style' only because of the semi-dropped bars, what a goof. as far as peugeots the only 2 worth getting are the 103's or tsm(near impossible to find) easiest peugeot bikes to make fast w/ lots of torque.

&&&&&& if you're looking for a ped in sf, good luck. you won't find a decent one unless you cough up 800+ dollars. might as well find a dude in the midwest selling one for 250 and have him ship it.

You can easily get a good moped for well under $600 in the Bay Area.. you just have to be fast.. I got a Peugeot 102, Sonny got a Vespa Grande and a Puch Maxi, and Justice/Derek just got a Puch Maxi last week.. all four mopeds were bought recently off Craigslist for less than $600.

I just got 2 more mopeds last week... An Avanti Super Sport (top tank, 2 sp.garelli VIP engine) and a 78 sachs westlake. The sachs needs a rear wheel and rewiring. Both were $300, the plan is to fix up the sachs and sell it and take that money to kit/upgrade the avanti... I should be able to get at least 4 hunny for it. Pics when I finish cleaning them up/working on them.

How come some mopeds have the gas tank in the middle making it look more motorcycle like?

Is this an add-on piece or certain years/makes/models have tanks in the middle?

A fair amount of mopeds are top tanks, but sometimes people will weld a crossbar/tank on a step through... the jcpenney pinto is the same frame as a puch magnum minus the top tube and tank.

I ended up copping a 50v locally for $420. It runs and looks good enough, but it tops out at 20mph and needs a tune up stat. I might flip and end up getting a Tomos....any opinions?

keep the moby. there are plenty of performance parts available for mobys. You can start out with doing a plug chop, deresticting the air filter & exhaust, and porting the cylinder (if you dont want to spend $ on a kit) and then rejetting/plug chopping again.

keep the moby. there are plenty of performance parts available for mobys. You can start out with doing a plug chop, deresticting the air filter & exhaust, and porting the cylinder (if you dont want to spend $ on a kit) and then rejetting/plug chopping again.

Can you explain a little about plug chopping (in super simple terms). I read up a little on it and it didn't make much sense except for a weird way to determine the rich/lean mixture at a certain rpm. what's the advantage to this? also, as far as derestricting the air filter, can I just throw a mini k&n on in some certain way?

thanks!

are mopeds street legal in most states?

From what i understand they're legal in EVERY state.. just the restrictions are different from state to state..