Not Diabro, Diablo

geekbonchic

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there's a file on the CD you need to copy over or something but yea you don't need the CD anymore. think they changed that with 1.12 or 1.13.

funny, i used to play with chris [smoke-it] a lot, though he was never into the CS leveling stuff.

i remember there being two brothers that always were rich and near the top of the ladder. one was more into barb dueling like smoke-it.

east is definitely more active but i never really made classic characters over there. i did mess around with the expansion pack and still have a non-ladder BvC barb, which is a ton of fun to duel with.

classic hardcore really taught me how to play the game and get good. until then i was making some garbage characters and just playing willy nilly without a clue. like a zeal paladin with almost all attributes in strength, using a 2 handed maul wtf... i was going to chico state when i was playing a lot and met another person [*leud, *elfsomething etc] in the hccl west community that lived there too and he helped me get weed when my hookup was dry haha. still have him on my facebook.

Probably a really ignorant question, but how much do you guys think I would need to spend to buy a PC that can handle this game comfortably? I have nothing at the moment - no monitor, speakers, anything.

Less than 1k even I would think- computers are so fast now.

A $500 computer+entry level graphics card can handle almost all games on low settings.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

that's why classic was better. it was hard to get to 90+ and chaos sanctuary runs were fucking intense when done at super high speed in hardcore with a sorceress teleporting around through mobs of high burst damage enemies, activating seals. you had to actually like.. move and stuff.