Best NYC street vendors/ fast food???

FloridaE46

i've only fucked w/ grey's, every time i'm either high or drunk. haven't been in a few years when the "recession special" was $2.50. now that we're in a legit recession that shit is prolly like $5 - if so, not worth it.

just 10 years ago hot dogs were 50 cents at greys!

i've only fucked w/ grey's, every time i'm either high or drunk. haven't been in a few years when the "recession special" was $2.50. now that we're in a legit recession that shit is prolly like $5 - if so, not worth it.

just 10 years ago hot dogs were 50 cents at greys!

doesn't matter. it's a hotdog, they suck equally everywhere.

WRONG.

crif dog's chihuahua dog (hot dog wrapped in bacon with avocado and sour cream) is too legit.

but then again if you wrapped a piece of dog shit in bacon and threw avocado on it i'd probably eat it ..

WRONG.

crif dog's chihuahua dog (hot dog wrapped in bacon with avocado and sour cream) is too legit.

but then again if you wrapped a piece of dog shit in bacon and threw avocado on it i'd probably eat it ..

• 1 month later...

So it took a while, but I tried both Grey's and Papaya King.

One thing I learned: Both hotdogs do taste the same. A hot dog is a hot dog.

Second thing: Grey's papaya is sweeter. Papaya King's is, unsettelingly, thicker.

Third thing: I'm not a real big fan of papaya either way.

• 2 weeks later...

pomme frites no good after real ones from mtl and belgium.

driggs pizza, however...yes. basically get off bedford ave. unless its for the taco truck is my philosophy.

another yes to vanessa's on allen. this is still open, and no rubbish stuffing, either.

not a Street Cart Called Desire For Food-Poisoning, but i like falafel chula in brooklyn off the L. for 3.75 and add fried eggplant, its so epic, i need a fork, and a min. four hour flaneurie weaving in and out of all the chucks and flannel.

• 2 months later...

NYC Street food is all about the Halal carts.

You wanna get a mixed on basmati with white, hot, and a pita.

What does this mean?

You get lamb, chicken, and salad on top of a bed of basmati rice with white sauce and hot sauce. Then the dude will fry up a pita, chop it up, and throw it on top. Some dudes will even throw in some fries and a falafel ball. All this for around $5-6? = perfect recession food.

My friends and I are always in constant debate over which cart is best.

My personal favorite is the truck that sits in front of the old Ziff Davis building on 27th st and Madison Ave. Here you will find one of two alternating trucks: a yellow one, and a large silver one. Both are good, but the yellow one is a little better...

halal has never tore me up. rafiqi's carts around the city are really good and there's a dude at 20th and park or so in front of that TD bank that hooks it up.

i will never go to the cart at houston/bowery again. i ate a gyro there once and it made me projectile vomit as soon as i took the last bite.