Best NYC street vendors/ fast food???

FloridaE46

my fave cheapie is the belgian waffle place by tompkins square park...chilli cheese dog with as much toppings as u want $2 belgian fries with as much dressing as u want in a cup they have chipotle, ranch, ketchup etc i think fries are either 2 or 4 and then u get a soda with that

• 4 weeks later...

I just had jerk chicken from the Jamaican Dutchy cart at 51st and 7th yesterday. $9.50 for jerk chicken, fried plantain, carrots and cabbage, red beans and rice, and a ginger beer, its certainly not cheap eats, but it was amazingly good. This black guy did a double take when he passed me in the park and asked where to get some.

They also serve oxtails, goat, cow feet (?), and other chicken. Also patties if you're interested in something small.

Only complaint: they skimped on the napkins (only one? for chicken with bones? really?) and so for a I while I had to walk around worried that I had jerk chicken smeared all over my face like a crazy person.

I just had jerk chicken from the Jamaican Dutchy cart at 51st and 7th yesterday. $9.50 for jerk chicken, fried plantain, carrots and cabbage, red beans and rice, and a ginger beer, its certainly not cheap eats, but it was amazingly good. This black guy did a double take when he passed me in the park and asked where to get some.

They also serve oxtails, goat, cow feet (?), and other chicken. Also patties if you're interested in something small.

Only complaint: they skimped on the napkins (only one? for chicken with bones? really?) and so for a I while I had to walk around worried that I had jerk chicken smeared all over my face like a crazy person.

what are his hours?

^^ halal on 56th is overrated. no lines in the afternoon

bahn min vietnamese sandwich on mott is the truth. 3.50 for the best viet sandwich. ever.

its inside behind the jewelry shop.

dumpling place on i believe catherine st near ps 1 is good too.

bahn min vietnamese sandwich on mott is the truth. 3.50 for the best viet sandwich. ever.

this dude isn't open in the afternoon.

this dude isn't open in the afternoon.

I'm relatively new to the area, so here's a question: Better first time hotdog and papaya, Gray's or Papaya King?

i've only fucked w/ grey's, every time i'm either high or drunk. haven't been in a few years when the "recession special" was $2.50. now that we're in a legit recession that shit is prolly like $5 - if so, not worth it.

I'm relatively new to the area, so here's a question: Better first time hotdog and papaya, Gray's or Papaya King?

i've only fucked w/ grey's, every time i'm either high or drunk. haven't been in a few years when the "recession special" was $2.50. now that we're in a legit recession that shit is prolly like $5 - if so, not worth it.