Best NYC street vendors/ fast food???

FloridaE46

pomme frites isn't as great as everyone says it is. the fries themselves aren't the best but the sauces are really good. i'm going to brussels tomorrow so i'll be able to eat real fries. and yeah, it is really expensive, i think 4.50 for small fries. i'm not sure though.

pomme frites isn't as great as everyone says it is. the fries themselves aren't the best but the sauces are really good. i'm going to brussels tomorrow so i'll be able to eat real fries. and yeah, it is really expensive, i think 4.50 for small fries. i'm not sure though.

ya europes pommes are amazing.. i had the best pomme frites in amsterdam a couple months back with this crazy spicey ketchup... it was amazing, with or without the ganja

Guest Chocodove2

Tony the Greek guy at SW corner of 61st and Madsion is the real deal. He's won Vendy awards and uses actual white meat chicken breast, not those weird parts you get everywhere else. Line is usually down the block, though. Just get up to the front and say "chicken platter with dressing and hot sauce".

There's also Rolf the sausage guy at the NW corner of 54th and 5th. Has all kinds of REAL sausages, german potato salad, and this ridiculous pickles. Also a Vendy award winner. Again, the line is down the block at lunchtime, though.

Tony the Greek guy at SW corner of 61st and Madsion is the real deal. He's won Vendy awards and uses actual white meat chicken breast, not those weird parts you get everywhere else.

THE WEIRD PARTS ARE USUALLY THE BEST! WHITE MEAT YECCCCH!!!

GIVE ME SOME TAIL, SKIN, JOINTS, LIVER, HEARTS, GIZZARD.

NEG REP!

ya europes pommes are amazing.. i had the best pomme frites in amsterdam a couple months back with this crazy spicey ketchup... it was amazing, with or without the ganja

yeah in amsterdam their great too. right now i'm in paris and have discovered a sauce called samurai in every kebab shop there is. i always eat it with fries. i think it's ketchup, mayo, and harissa mixed.

they have the samurai stuff in belgium too, i think it has that name due to the spice factor.

if pommes frites is the place i'm thinking of (hole in the wall around the corner from st mark's with holes cut out in the counterspace for holding your cones) it's pretty terrible. i'm not even sure if they even use the two step frying method but if they do they mess it up anyway.

53rd and 6th gyro is retarded. there are so many other places in the city that taste the same. in fact, the one right across the street also on 53rd adn 6th is owned by the exact same people. go there. there is no one in line. the only reason people are at the one is because they see 500 people in line...

artichoke pizza on 14th between 1st and 2nd. try both the artichoke and regular (this is the best pizza in east village hands down)

fries at pommes frites and 2nd ave and 7th...try their poutine as well

2nd and ave a...bahn mi sandwhiches at nickys and there are also a bunch near mott and grand in little italy somewhere

agreed, 53rd and 6th is overrated. people always point to that one because of the hype. the unknown regular halal stands are just as good if not better.

agreed, 53rd and 6th is overrated. people always point to that one because of the hype. the unknown regular halal stands are just as good if not better.

Perhaps becuase im in Long Island, I have a different opinion of 53/6, to me its one of the best carts, but i do agree with you, the ones that are in queens, bronx, w.e are really good, theyre just not in as prime a location

My friends go crazy with 53/6... they drive like 45 minutes almost 4-5 times in a given week to get a gyro... like i said i couldnt eat one of those everyday but the other carts, i very well could, and its nice to get to know the owners of the smaller carts, 53/6 is very chaotic... my friends actually stole 2 of the big bottles of white sauce one time lmaoooo

gotta give it up to the white sauce tho that stuff is amazing... ever try it with eggs? let me tell you... WOW... :cool:

The best cart in my opinion is Freddy's in Astoria, at the Broadway stop by the Family Mart. A huge tin plate of chicken, rice, 2 types of pickles, falafel with white sauces, hot sauce, and sprinkle of spices for 6 bucks.

they have the samurai stuff in belgium too, i think it has that name due to the spice factor.

if pommes frites is the place i'm thinking of (hole in the wall around the corner from st mark's with holes cut out in the counterspace for holding your cones) it's pretty terrible. i'm not even sure if they even use the two step frying method but if they do they mess it up anyway.

i'm in belgium right now, i haven't really been in a kebab place. i will be heading back to paris day after tomorrow though. and to provence the day after that. pommes frites is the place you're thinking of. i like their sauces but their fries are really not great and the place itself is dark and greasy.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

idk which one closed, but i went to dumpling house on eldridge a year back and it was tiiiiiiny with no a.c., but recently went back for the first time and it got way bigger , i walked past it, didnt even recognize (not to mention t says Vanessa's dumpling house).

they still have the same amazing sesame pancakes and dumplings though

idk which one closed, but i went to dumpling house on eldridge a year back and it was tiiiiiiny with no a.c., but recently went back for the first time and it got way bigger , i walked past it, didnt even recognize (not to mention t says Vanessa's dumpling house).

they still have the same amazing sesame pancakes and dumplings though

it aint the same, they skimpin on the stuff

what you guys get for cheap eats for lunch below spring st?

very vague question, rough block radius? pretty much most of chinatown is cheap eats...

cafe capri - williamsburg. best iced cap (a time warp experience)

damask falafel- ave. A i think is still there?

pomme fritte

driggs pizza - great gnocci - williamsburg

five roses pizza - east villiage

punjab - i think on 1st @ houston

some new taco place on elizabeth below houston-bumpity bumpin'

is shopsins still there? holy fuck, best soups anywhere.

ruben's empanada's. broome st.