Best NYC street vendors/ fast food???

FloridaE46

some of the best congregate at the red hook soccer fields - honduran and mexican.

fuck yes. would rep if I could.

Also. I'm rather fond of the Dosa Man by washington square.

And does the kimchi hot dog dude still park on Stanton in the summer?

some of the best congregate at the red hook soccer fields - honduran and mexican.

also daisy may's has a street cart on 50th btwn 6th and 7th if you want some barbecue / chili.

i think red hook vendors are shut down for good. there were a lot of issues w/ permits and they've yet to set up shop this summer.

For gyros, no doubt its the famous cart on 53d and 6th

There are 2 carts actually, one in front of the Hilton and the other across the street

dont follow the crowd... go to the one across the street... theres usually not as big of a line, and its the SAME EXACT food... the owner of the cart was so successful with his one, he opened another, if you dont believe theres a news article about it somewhere

The lamb platter is AMAZING... douse it with white sauce, and im gonna warn you about the hot sauce... its pretty fucken hot... but its amazing :D the chicken is good too but i love lamb so im partial to that not sure how much it is now havent had it in a while, i think 7 bucks with a drink or something? but yea... the cart opens 7-7:30 PM ish and is open till about 2 AM, great spot for late night hunger :rolleyes:

Also for mexican food like quesadillas, tacos, and the like, theres a cart on Wooster street in soho, (near the corner of Prince and Wooster, near Stussy and Adidas)im not to sure if theyre still there tho, really good food, a bit exspensive, but fills you up while your shopping around :cool:

O also. if you walk up mott street from canal, there will be this little hole in the wall dumpling place called "tasty dumpling" right in front of this park

if you have a chance, i DEFINATELY reccomend this place, 5 huge pan fried pork dumplings for $1! they also have snapples and soda for a $1 too (I think the canned snappled is a $1.25 but still very cheap) an amazing meal for 3 bucks, 10 big dumplings and soda, cant beat that :cool: douse with hot sauce and ur good to go

Otafuku (on E. 9th b/w 2nd Ave. & 3rd Ave) for takoyaki. When compared to good takoyaki it's not that great, but it does the trick.

Nikky's Vietnamese Sandwiches (E. 2nd Nr. Ave. A)

Haven't got a clue if it's the same place but when I lived in NYC there was a tiny hole in the wall place on the lower east side selling Takoyaki that I loved ...

Also, there was Grilled Cheese somewhere deep east run by a stoned gangster called Mikey that's probably gone now but is worth a mention for personal nostalgia.

chorizo tacos under the roosevelt 7 train. they only show up after 8 at night. some of the best tacos i've eaten.

there's also a halal stand down the block that was voted best street vendor in the city last year.

chorizo tacos under the roosevelt 7 train. they only show up after 8 at night. some of the best tacos i've eaten.

Theres hundreds of other places that do chorizo tacos on roosevelt from 50st to 103st

As somewhat of an expert in this dept:

62nd and madison, one block north of barneys (?), chicken over rice with extra white dauce, or prosciutto and mozz sanguich.

6th and bedford; curtis's taco truck.

The halal stand across from the hilton.

El pepito and corn from la esquina at fo in the morn'. Tortilla soup for gud measure.

Otafuku (on E. 9th b/w 2nd Ave. & 3rd Ave) for takoyaki. When compared to good takoyaki it's not that great, but it does the trick.

Nikky's Vietnamese Sandwiches (E. 2nd Nr. Ave. A)

They dont got Xiu Mai..

The little shop on Broome st just off Mott St next to Sal's Pizzeria is alot better

The best Pizza in the lower east side. PIZZA MUZZERELA (14th and A). Its misspelled like that on the sign. I used to bring friends there after telling them how amazing the pizza was, we would be in line and the people in front of us would be having the same conversation, its really that good.

53rd and 6th gyro is retarded. there are so many other places in the city that taste the same. in fact, the one right across the street also on 53rd adn 6th is owned by the exact same people. go there. there is no one in line. the only reason people are at the one is because they see 500 people in line...

artichoke pizza on 14th between 1st and 2nd. try both the artichoke and regular (this is the best pizza in east village hands down)

fries at pommes frites and 2nd ave and 7th...try their poutine as well

2nd and ave a...bahn mi sandwhiches at nickys and there are also a bunch near mott and grand in little italy somewhere

artichoke pizza on 14th between 1st and 2nd. try both the artichoke and regular (this is the best pizza in east village hands down). fries at pommes frites and 2nd ave and 7th...try their poutine as well

PIZZA MUZZERELA will ruin you to death. you cant win against this pizza. real talk. so if you want a LES pizza battle, i know my boys will come though and change your mind.

and the fries are very good there, but dude, this is the cheap food thread, thats not a cheap place AT ALL. actually i stopped going there cause i was almost insulted with how pricey some shit would get. whatever. it is good though.

POUTINE!!! damn i love that stuff... only one place here in florida that i know of to get it and its in miami.. any other places in NYC to get poutine?

Im not sure but theirs is pretty good. Its 5.50 for the large and 4.50 for the small. They put a lot of cheese and gravy in it... just ask them to cover it for foil and leave it for 5-10 minutes so the cheese melts properly.

Its on 7th and second ave

53rd and 6th gyro is retarded. there are so many other places in the city that taste the same. in fact, the one right across the street also on 53rd adn 6th is owned by the exact same people. go there. there is no one in line. the only reason people are at the one is because they see 500 people in line...

lol i said that already :confused: honestly though no one beleives me when i tell them.. lmao

I dont think its retarded though.. and theres certainly a difference from 53rd/6th gyro platters and the run of the mill street platters.. atleast imho, the 53/6 platter is amazing but i couldnt eat one everyday... something about it... but the halal carts in queens i could eat a platter for lunch every day if i had to lol theyre great for the price, I usually eat one from the Halal cart on Union Turnpike in Queens, near St. John's University (I'm doing Pharmacy there)