If you opened up a shop, what would you carry? Here's my arsenal.

templeffectives

If you were going to open up a shop (storefront/online).

Let's pretend you would be able to pick up any brands/line we want.

What would be in your shop and why?

TEMPLE EFFECTIVES | http://temple-effectives.com/

What can I say, it's the crew the I run with.

TANK THEORY | http://tanktheory.com/

Hard looking artsy (lack of a better word) designs. Real good looking offset prints (Cloudscape is one of the most insane tees ever). They keep coming out stronger each season. I need to stop talking and order that new T-Shirt of the Month.

THE SEVENTH LETTER | http://www.theseventhletter.com

Innovative-graff designs + proper designs of their own (look at 'Forever Pure' tee....ever color looks good). Check out the Holiday 05 catalog.

ADDICT (UK) | http://www.addict.co.uk/

I want a bunch of different stuff from their collection. From the jackets and hoodies to the backpack.

In the good life, my closet would be full of their She Camo Jackets. I actually just ordered one, will

keep y'all posted. Would you say this is a brand peeps (in US) don't know about?

NIKE ACG | http://www.nike.com/acg/?ref=global_home

I really like the color gray, ie: the gray nike uses. My friend has the craziest Nike Acg Storm Fit jacket.

The jacket is gray w/ 'urban' camo on the sleeves (think Bape camo but Nike steez).

APPLE | http://www.apple.com

Towers. Powerbooks. Ipods. Everything.

PLUS:

10 DEEP

STUSSY

COLUMBIA

THE NORTH FACE (backpacks)

*edit/add more later

TEMPLE EFFECTIVES FALL 2005 COLLECTION: DENIM | HOODIES | TRACK JACKETS | TEES | BEANIES | DJ BAGS

URL: http://www.temple-effectives.com

Edited by templeffectives on Oct 13, 2005 at 09:59 AM

I'd carry:

Diesel

I love their jeans, but I hate the store. You have to request to try on jeans like it's a bar, which is just corny. I'd carry their jeans, but make them much more accessible to the consumer.

Palis

God damn, their tees are just dope. The Deniro tee they make is one of my favorites in my collection. Plus their, "I heart my money" steez is just sick

New Balance

These are the finest sneakers around in my opinion.

One True Saxon

Never really got into their shit till recently. Love their outerwear. Nuff said.

Bape

I've never worn their stuff and probably never will, but I like a lot of their hoodies. Not so much their tees. But the multicolored camo pieces are pretty dope.

Edited by Francis Begbie on Oct 13, 2005 at 10:47 AM

Francis, can you link me up to Palis' site?

One True Saxon caught my eye. I saw something from the current or winter line (?).

You can expect to see a Temple Effectives take on the camo hoodie Fall 06 (keep you posted).

White and Gray with hidden TE logos.

TEMPLE EFFECTIVES FALL 2005 COLLECTION: DENIM | HOODIES | TRACK JACKETS | TEES | BEANIES | DJ BAGS

URL: http://www.temple-effectives.com

This may seem unrealistic, but my ideal store would carry:

<u>Kicks</u>: From athletic to classy-->Nike Dunk SBs, Hugo Boss, etc...

<u>Jeans</u>: Diesel, Levi Vintage, Evisu, Nbhd, etc...

<u>Shirts/Polos</u>: Undftd, Lacoste, stussy, Bape, LRG, Comme Des Garcons, indendent stuff, etc...

<u>Jerseys</u>: Sports attire(Authentic only)-->Football, Baseball, Basketball, College, etc...

<u>Jackets</u>: North Face, Bape, etc...

<u>Dress shirts</u>: Burberry, Hugo Boss, Dior, etc...

<u>Accessories</u>: New Era 59/50 Baseball Fitted Hats, Kangol Berets, beanies, belts, High-end shades, jewelry? (just earrings =P)

<u>MUSIC</u>: Vinyl/Cds/Cassette-->Indie Rock, underground HIP HOP, Jazz, etc...

<u>Dvds</u>: Independent films, Bboy/MC battles, skateboard/bmx, music videos(directed by Spike Jonz, Michel Gondry, etc), etc...

<u>Collectibles</u>: Rare antiques-->Sports memorabilias(bobble heads), Artwork, Pez dispensers, toys(old school ones), etc...

<u>Electronics</u>: Ipods, Car Audio, old school video games, etc...

<u>Reading material</u>: Books, Magazines [Local to Foreign], etc...

**And last but not least**

<u>FOOD</u>: snacks(pastries to sandwiches), WINE, coffee, tea, boba(for the asians), etc...

I want the vibe to be like a Cafe/jazz club/store... in the front there'll be couches where you can lounge, munch on some grub, sip on some tea and chat with some friends while groovin to LIVE music(spoken word, bands/independent artists, DJs spinning own records---from a lil stage on the side). icon_smile_big.gif In the back is where you can shop and buy some clothes. icon_smile_cool.gif

---Oh, and on certain nights, I'll open the store on late nights to play Poker Tourneys with friends =D

Hahah sounds like too much, but someday guys...someday, somewhere in the BAY or LA~~ holla!

Edited by bathe my ape on Oct 13, 2005 at 11:43 AM

Edited by bathe my ape on Oct 13, 2005 at 11:51 AM

Guest Fade to Black

I like that concept of mixing high end streetwear with vintage, cool idea.

If I opened a store, I'd like it to be a dark subterranean space, stocking brands such as:

Cloak

Number (N)ine

Libertine

Undercover

C Diem/LMaltieri

Yohji Yamamoto

Raf Simons

Rick Owens

Mastermind Japan

Vintage archive of military/dark goth/punk one of a kind pieces found in some obscure flea market

Customized vintage Levi's, only in super slim cuts.

and select pieces from past, classic collections of Helmut Lang and Dior Homme...esp. a lot of coveted rare stuff from Dior's first 4 seasons, going for astronomical prices of course.

haha yeah so i'm basically jacking my concepts/brands from Atelier and Loveless.

Edited by Fade to Black on Oct 13, 2005 at 01:24 PM

nudie

LVC

d&g

dior homme

guru

rogan

paul frank

55dsl

carhartt

arc'teryx

diesel

Atelier la Durance

marc jacobs

w(taps

visvim

vans

2k tshirts

''Don't be afraid to do stupid things, cause íf things wouldn't be stupid, everyone would be doing those things ''.

Edited by RobbertJan on Oct 14, 2005 at 04:25 AM

a.p.c. (jeans)

nom de guerre (jeans/jackets)

agnes b (shirts/jackets)

helmut lang - if only i still could... might be able to find things though. a store by my house still has a bunch left...

band of outsiders

john varvatos (shoes/belts)

surface to air (accessories)

atelier ladurance - even though i've never seen this in person, it looks real sick. i'm definitely going to check it out when famous friends starts stocking this.

otherwise i don't know... who knows. there's so much to choose from. too much crap in between though, i think i could spend weeks trying to figure this shit out.

First off, the main attraction of the store would be that I'd run it as a consignment shop.

Bring yr stuff in, and if it passes muster, it'll get sold, and you'll get a 75%. Just because

sometimes you don't really want to rifle through a vintage store to find something good.

A rotating range of denim labels from countries around the world... every 3 months, unsold denim would get a 50% price slash, and a new country's designers would get highlighted.

Your usual batch of denim, selvedge or not, dry or not, will be available by overnight special order.

And, there'd be a denim bespoke service, store branded, at a reasonable price. Custom jeans, guys.... custom jeans.

As for sneaks, absolutely no fucking Nikes allowed. Not a single goddamn pair.

Everything else is game, especially lesser-known brands.

Along with the country-oriented denim rotation, a series of artist collab tees to rock that will be inspired/related to whatever country is currently in-store will be up for grabs.

Free candy. Amen.

And I know this thread was strictly 'bout the real-world stores, but come on...

phone and mail order, for real.

The whole point of my establishment would be to make things accessible.

Because not everyone can send their boy over to Lithuania for a five hundred dollar belt.

True story, that.

Nike, New Balance EURO & JAPAN, Adidas, Vans, Levi's, Visvim, PRPS, Rogan, Maharishi/MHI,Edwin, SugarCane, Nudie, Surrender,Huf, Stussy, Recon/Subware, True, Wtaps, Neighborhood, Bape, BountyHunter, Addict UK, New Era, In4mation, Acronym,Northface,Burton, Futura Lab, etc.....

It would be a effin costco size warehouse with the illest crap ever...