Bernhard Willhelm s/s 09 mens

multicolor

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

decadent, baroque 18th-century europe is a cool inspiration, but 90% of these pieces are hideous crap, wearable or not.

tryingtoohard++;

This top may be one of the ugliest things I've ever seen. The pants and shoes aren't bad, they might work with something else, but I can't get over the atrocity of the shapeless mess that is the top half of this silhouette.

WHEL_MW_SS09_0078.jpg

• 6 months later...
Pfahahaha!

This is Bernhard at full force in my opinion. Coming up with this stuff, enjoying it and laughing his ass off at al the people who don't get it. Do you think he's worried that you might not want to walk around with a silver sprayed comb and a feather on your head?

Trust me, it won't get toned down for the shelves, this is it!

Bernhard is fucking with the boundaries of what people consider fashion, and the fact that this is a mens collection only shows that more.

He moved away from his earlier style wich was just a weird when he started doing it but has now been accepted and adopted by alot of people.

Also, there's a lot of Westwood in there...

He might not be "worried..." [as you put it], but he should be. I regularly buy Bernhard, but can only see maybe two feasible pieces. That's a problem. While I love clothing as art, the pieces do have to sell at full-price to a certain extent to remain viable.

If this is what is on offer for spring, I'm not interested. Maybe some tone-downed hoodies might surface for the shops, but this makes me wonder.

Someone commented that Bernhard has gotten frilly lately and, indeed, he has. I was turned off by several pieces this fall because of unnecessary feminine detail on sleeves. I'm all for androgynous and avant-garde clothing, but Bernhard is something other than that for S/S09. When I define the "other" that he is, I'll be sure to let you know.

I may be naive, but bear with me.

There is BW piece that I really want from a seller in Hong Kong, but I fear it's a fake as they borrowed pics from another website. I contacted the seller and asked for real pics a few minutes ago.

The piece sold out here in the US immediately. I checked the seller's history, but I feel that is not going to tell me what I need to know.

What should I do? Are BW fakes rampant on ebay? Any advice would be appreciated. I've never purchased from ebay because the fear of receiving a fake item would damn near drive me suicidal.

i wouldnt have thought that particular piece would be faked, but the seller isnt even giving proper pictures.. did you get some by email when you requested them?

also - just because a seller is in china, hong kong, korea. etc. doesnt mean they're goods are fakes, and vice versa. alot of fakes are sold from usa and australia these days.