Damir Doma Mens S/S 09 Paris

inaya

Guest chemi

love the whites and the shorts (which i passed up last season ughhhhhhhh). i'm also interested to see the pricing of the line, seemed pretty unjustified last time i checked especially for such a new designer.

thanks for posting inaya!

sup raj!!!!

Look, no one can pull any of this off. Not even sucky. And most likely, he'll put the entire collection on hold at seven, and none of us can even try it on. Then we would have wasted a trip to Mercer st. and the 30 minutes of anticipation while you travel the subs from midtown after a lasagna lunch would, in retrospect, be as dramatically ironic as the Berlin Stories.

Interesting really.

I was expecting this. The color schemes kind of sidetracked me. I've been looking for something as enticing as this since 07 Hedi Slimane. Quite different... Damir kind of sticks you into some distant faerie realm. One thing, I see the Aegean influence, no doubt. Much more evident are the Croatian and the Southern Slav influence. This is no Bohemia... it's much more brooding, less simplistic, more precise. It's interesting... I could go on about each item. I love it.

• 3 weeks later...

I completely looked over the grey looks because I hated the purplish tone and ugly shininess of the fabrics, but after seeing the video and new pictures of the collection it looks a whole lot better.

video here: http://www.damirdoma.com/videos/SS09/index.html

pictures from Damir's site:

2reiib9.jpg

15ga1b6.jpg

sem9w8.jpg

vwwc5y.jpg

33utu39.jpg

2ajz9co.jpg

211ny2h.jpg

ve19jb.jpg

• 6 months later...
Guest jhaime9

You know, weakest collection from Damir when it came out.

Strange palette with stark white or black for s/s...his bombers don't look as nice as his inaugural season.

Once again the layered-shorts for me are the stand outs, will certainly be picking up the ones from number 6 on post 17.

Also, the black sheer wrap around garment (cape-esque) would look damn cool worn over a tee...

pricing will once again be hideous. ha.

• 2 months later...