denim update....apc and nudie pics

M.O.A

Quote:

this is from mynudies...

nudie_jeans_thin_finn.jpg

they are supposed to be tight.

--- Original message by colin on Oct 18, 2005 02:25 PM

giggity god damn.

Those look hot. I think I need a pair :)

I wish that's how my New Standards fit, but they stretched out fairly quickly. They still look cool, though!

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

i'll give it a shot.. ssds '06 soon two months of non-stop wearing,

http://img231.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bakligg4if.jpg ...back

http://img68.imageshack.us/my.php?image=framligg23bl.jpg ...front

--- Original message by beefcake on Apr 29, 2006 07:04 AM

that denim is so nice, I wonder how well it fades though. good job with the backpockets, looks great now.

våran panel tycker att man ska koka pastan i två år

Quote:

Sorry if this is out of place, but I'm curious if anyone knows if the Evisu/Puma Rigids will wear like the Nudie raws and APC's being posted in this thread. Is Rigid a different term for Raw? Sorry I'm new to the Raw denim and wearing in of jeans. I'm used to buying denim with a dirty or worn in wash but the nudies and APC getting a real worn in look are simply breath taking. Thanks for any help.

--- Original message by Bbestsb on Mar 22, 2006 02:56 PM

all indigo jeans wear. the evisu/pumas rigids are specially made so that if you wear them over time, the puma swoosh will appear on the back pockets. so i'm sure if you follow the 6 month, no wash formula, you'll have great details show up.

• 2 weeks later...

sorry to crash the thread. dior 4mth old. played basketball in it. i just washed it yesterday. will be back with more pics after wash. btw the word on the label has fade away. feel free to comment.

my.php?image=p10507215kg.jpg

my.php?image=p10507208xg.jpg

my.php?image=p10507176mv.jpg

my.php?image=p10507162nk.jpg

Edited by boomslang20117 on May 7, 2006 at 10:10 PM

Edited by boomslang20117 on May 8, 2006 at 01:14 AM

is it just me or do those diors almost look bootcut?

If you've lost your faith in superfuture, Oh the end won't be long

Because if it's gone for you then I too may lose it, And that would be wrong

I've tried so hard to keep myself from falling

Back into my bad old ways

And it chars my heart to always hear you calling

Calling for the good old days

Because there were no good old days

These are the good old days

Quote:

yeah it is slightly boot. 20cm at knee and 21 cm at hem. aw0506 model. got it at joyce, hk.

--- Original message by boomslang20117 on May 8, 2006 10:15 AM

which joyce location? i went to the one in pacific place and they didn't have any raw denim.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

for lack of a better thread to post this in--

i just got nudie slim jims in dry black. i wear 27 in APC and i bought the slim jims in 29x32. im 5'10'' and i want to wear these kind of slouchy. i wear my hipsters about where they are supposed to sit, but i want the slim jims to ride lower, and hopefully fade a bit differently. ive noticed that to stretch them out takes a few days but by then the creases are all pretty set, and its too late to start wearing them a lot lower... what can i do about that? im also a little worried about not having enough time for the slim jims AND my hipsters....

any other advice before embarking on yet another jeans journey?

I'll post up my pair of APCs after I get home from school. They are probably creeping up on 3 months of wear (basically everyday for the first month, then like 3 days a week after that). I'm starting to just wear them everyday now. I just break & skate in them and they aren't that bad. Pretty loose on me though, but I think I'm getting some pretty good wear marks.

i just got nudie slim jims in dry black. i wear 27 in APC and i bought the slim jims in 29x32. im 5'10'' and i want to wear these kind of slouchy. i wear my hipsters about where they are supposed to sit, but i want the slim jims to ride lower, and hopefully fade a bit differently. ive noticed that to stretch them out takes a few days but by then the creases are all pretty set, and its too late to start wearing them a lot lower... what can i do about that? im also a little worried about not having enough time for the slim jims AND my hipsters....

any other advice before embarking on yet another jeans journey?

Yeah, don't worry about it the jeans will turn out fine. The jean creases will be fine and take longer than like 3 days to set. The creases change as the fit changes.

Those jeans are rockin.. How long did you wear them for?

basically like 12 hours a day EVERY SINGLE DAY starting from february til sometime around june. im a little disappointed with how LIGHT they are, how can i avoid that next time? could it have something to do with how it was washed in a washing machine and dried in a drier?

basically like 12 hours a day EVERY SINGLE DAY starting from february til sometime around june. im a little disappointed with how LIGHT they are, how can i avoid that next time? could it have something to do with how it was washed in a washing machine and dried in a drier?

at what temperature did you wash your apcs? i think a cold wash w/ the jeans inside out or a hand wash would retain the most amount of color. hang drying instead of a using dryer might also help. lastly, there are different types of detergents like woolite dark that are designed for darker clothes so maybe use one of those detergents next time around?/

• 3 weeks later...

i just got nudie slim jims in dry black. i wear 27 in APC and i bought the slim jims in 29x32. im 5'10'' and i want to wear these kind of slouchy. i wear my hipsters about where ?

hey the rise is 9" right on the slimjims?

for slimjims dry do you guys recommend sizing down or going true size since they are a 9" rise ~semi low, but do stretch out

also are these measurements correct from this site http://europe.zoovillage.com/store/productdetail.asp?CategoryID=0|0&BrandID=131&DisplayItemID=21560&Position=30&ListType=1&time=4%3A01%3A09+AM?? that a 28 is 76 cm at the waist but will stretch out

• 1 month later...

oke gonna bring this one back... for those of you that have both nudie and apc, which oen would you consider to fade more easy and/or better? I'm thinking of picking a pair of apc rescue's up but I'm also thinking about regular ralf dry selvage. I already have 3 pairs of nudies so I should go for apc but I'd like a pair that fades easy, unlike my pair of dry Ola which is so hard to break in.

So, APC or Nudie?

IMO those ones turned out just perfect !

Now get some new ones.

• 4 weeks later...
how would you get max shrinkage out of DRY nudies (not selvedge) in length without losing indigo? hot/cold/warm soak (does it matter which one) for how long

Well hot gives the most shrinkage, to keep the waist the same put a hanger in the waist.

You shouldnt lose much or any indigo if you dont move it around in the tub just let it sit there for an hour or two. All of that yellow stuff is starch.

The hotter the more shrinkage.