denim update....apc and nudie pics

M.O.A

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

this thread really makes me want to get brass knuckles but i think i would just look silly.

--- Original message by burtreynolds on Feb 26, 2006 09:34 PM

Yeah I love the look, but since I am a drinker and not a fighter I went with my shark shaped bottle opener instead icon_smile_big.gif

2-weeks-shark.jpg

Quote:
Quote:

this thread really makes me want to get brass knuckles but i think i would just look silly.

--- Original message by burtreynolds on Feb 26, 2006 09:34 PM

haha there's a lot of haters on the brass knucks. i wore em for a month. i think it looks cool. fades really quickly.

--- Original message by will_i_am on Feb 27, 2006 10:23 AM

^ oops i was ment to quote

So I figured I'd post my jeans after a few more months of wear. I've been missing from here for awhile! Superfuture is craze now...

Anyway, here are my New Standards after about 4 months of wear, no washes:

APC4months01.jpg

And here are my New Standards after about 8 months of wear and 1 wash/soak at 6 months:

APCupdate01.jpg

APCupdate02.jpg

APCupdate03.jpg

APCupdate04.jpg

APCupdate05.jpg

APCupdate06.jpg

APCupdate07.jpg

APCupdate08.jpg

APCupdate10.jpg

I think they're coming along nicely. At six months I soaked them inside out in extremely hot water, with a little bit of Woolite Black, for about an hour, rinsed them in extremely hot water, rolled them in a towel, to wick out most of the water, and then hung them inside out in the sun to dry.

Right now I'm working on some dry Dior Homme. They're coming along pretty good too. About 2 months on'em right now. Crazy blue color coming through. Indescribable.

http://www.tragicbliss.com

Quote:

The left leg always gets sharper higes because the crease will be perpendicular to the twill. on the right leg it is parallel.

--- Original message by Serge d Nimes on Feb 27, 2006 01:15 AM

Was just rereading this thread for maybe the third time and I missed this until now.

So then the right leg gets sharper higes in left hand twill?

tragic-unbelievable

just got a pair of new standards, hopefully they'll turn out something like that.

serge-enlightening info about the left side with sharper fading, very interesting. My right quad is bigger than my left, so that enhances the difference.

i have way too much raw denim, its going to take me a lonnnnng time to get some good results...

nairb49

hey guys,

Thought id check in with my slim jims 6months on..

theyre coming along nicely, i went off them for a while when i got my cheap mondays, but now im back inlove with them !

Here are some shittty pictures, its night time here,

P1000314.jpg

P1000309.jpg

P1000306.jpg

P1000311.jpg

Edited by doke on Mar 9, 2006 at 03:07 AM

Guest Fade to Black

tragic that is incredible (the New Standards)...man maybe I should've gotten those instead of the Dior Hommes...my Diors after about a year of wear and 5-6 washes looks nothing close to that. Hmm maybe i'll try to post some pics up.

I'd love to see pics of how your Diors are coming along.

If you want your Diors, or any originaly raw denim, to end up so contrasted, it's important to hold off on washing as long as you can. Honestly, I wouldn't have washed them when I did if it wasn't for some grass stains that put them over the edge of filthyness.

5-6 washes after a year seams like too many in my opinion. Wearing my jeans 183 days between every wash is my magic formula... Oh, and wear them hard! No prissy shit.

I'll try and post pictures of my Diors in a bit... I need some sunlight and the outdoors to really show what's going on.

Edited by TragicBliss on Mar 9, 2006 at 05:53 PM

Guest Fade to Black
Quote:

If you want your Diors, or any originaly raw denim, to end up so contrasted, it's important to hold off on washing as long as you can. Honestly, I wouldn't have washed them when I did if it wasn't for some grass stains that put them over the edge of filthyness.

5-6 washes after a year seams like too many in my opinion. Wearing my jeans 183 days between every wash is my magic formula... Oh, and wear them hard! No prissy shit.

I'll try and post pictures of my Diors in a bit... I need some sunlight and the outdoors to really show what's going on.

Edited by TragicBliss on Mar 9, 2006 at 05:53 PM

--- Original message by TragicBliss on Mar 9, 2006 05:51 PM

Damn...is it safe to say at this point my jeans are gonna basically end up looking like 80's stone washed or can i still get some contrast in there? I still got a fair amount of indigo it seems like...hasn't completely faded to dark blue/light blue yet.

AznInvazn: The most hardcore shit i do in these jeans is run up stairs really fast, two steps at a time. Haha.

Edited by Fade to Black on Mar 9, 2006 at 07:24 PM

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry if this is out of place, but I'm curious if anyone knows if the Evisu/Puma Rigids will wear like the Nudie raws and APC's being posted in this thread. Is Rigid a different term for Raw? Sorry I'm new to the Raw denim and wearing in of jeans. I'm used to buying denim with a dirty or worn in wash but the nudies and APC getting a real worn in look are simply breath taking. Thanks for any help.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...