Sign in to follow this  
M.O.A

denim update....apc and nudie pics

Quote:

adsurgo, did u use brass knuckles or plastic?

--- Original message by robobeng on Oct 18, 2005 02:30 PM

those arent my jeans. id assume he used brass tho. who would buy plastic ones?

plastic knuckles are legal to carry and still pretty stirdy.

Surface to Air makes high density plastic brass knuckles and knives...

Does anyone know why?

To whoever asked about keeping your jeans blue longer :

I heard/read somewhere that soaking them in vinegar helps the indigo set, so there will be less bleeding in future washes. I can t remember how credible the source was though.

Quote:

johninger, I'm curious where you got your information from, because you're saying that most jeans have a lower dip count than I've heard before. I really don't believe that a lot of japanese high end selvedge denim has 6 or less dips, perhaps someone else knows?

--- Original message by horriblyjollyjinx on Oct 18, 2005 02:34 AM

My information is from experience, I have consulted many labels on their choice of denim along with construction and also design etc as well as designed many textiles not just denim.

Many japanese brands do use huge number of dips. But i can tell you now nudie, edwin and the evisu that I have seen in US, UK and Australia, use pretty standard denim that would not be dipped more than 10 times (i mention these as they seem to be most popular on this board, cant comment on APC cause I have never seen in real life).

But i guess everyone is getting hung up on how many times they are dipped, but this is not a good measure. Like I said before the process will differ depending on many different factors, most of which I have not mentioned. ie. yarn quality, yarn count etc.

For instance, cotton from certain breeds and regions has more affinity for indigo than others and so on, so not a simple matter of 10 times and that is best.

Point i was trying to make is that indigo smudging in hands is not necessarily a sign of good denim but may be a sign of bad dyeing or perhaps overzealous jean designers wanting to be a little different, or perhaps trying to recreate when indigo was not able to be cured as well as now when we understand chemistry better (crazy reproduction brands!)...

I hope indigo doesn't cause cancer...

... could you hand me the dental floss

ehhh........i dont like it but i dont have a problem wiht it

lol i guess thats just a rocker thing.

yeah, thats the best part of this board.....and to whoever asked about my front left...it just has developed more wiskers....i dont knwo why.....it just has....imo looks better to have sides that arent symetrical

F**K HYPE

solecollector.com

getlifted.net

overstand.net

Quote:

yeah, thats the best part of this board.....and to whoever asked about my front left...it just has developed more wiskers....i dont knwo why.....it just has....imo looks better to have sides that arent symetrical

--- Original message by kixslf on Nov 22, 2005 10:25 PM

My jeans often differ - the tension on my left leg gathers in one big crease, whilst on the right it gather into a few smaller ones...wierd. But yeah its all good.

And i really like the fact this board is global - denim nerds sharing an interest and being schooled worldwide!

I think it has something to do with what back pocket you carry your wallet in. I keep mine in my back left and have more whiskering on the right side.

^Nah, I don't carry my wallet in my pants and my left leg is more wrinkled tham my right on my jeans.

arem where do you carry your wallet?

I need more cardigans and jackets with pockets..

I should post some pics of my progress soon.

I don't carry a wallet at all. Just a money clip in my pocket, and a card holder for my license and other stuff in my jacket or bag if I'm carrying one. I've always hated the feeling of a bulky wallet in my pocket.

I'm bumping this thread because

a) it took me forever to find

B) it has some really good pics, especially tragic bliss' apcs (which is what I was looking for)

c) it aslo has some really good info

d) I find it funny because everyone was hating on johnninger for pushing imperial denim back in the day and now there's a 7 page thread on those jeans.

Ooops - I forgot it was still in supershopper - mods, could you move this to superdenim?

Thanks.

Edited by triniboy27 on Feb 24, 2006 at 12:12 PM

Quote:

that chain is really disgusting.

jeans look nice thoicon_smile_big.gif

--- Original message by docdoom on Nov 22, 2005 08:03 PM

disgusting? hmm i find it's nice...

Quote:

I'm bumping this thread because

a) it took me forever to find

B) it has some really good pics, especially tragic bliss' apcs (which is what I was looking for)

c) it aslo has some really good info

d) I find it funny because everyone was hating on johnninger for pushing imperial denim back in the day and now there's a 7 page thread on those jeans.

Ooops - I forgot it was still in supershopper - mods, could you move this to superdenim?

Thanks.

Edited by triniboy27 on Feb 24, 2006 at 12:12 PM

--- Original message by triniboy27 on Feb 24, 2006 12:11 PM

triniboy

vindicated at last

thanks for the post trini

If loving denim is wrong i don't want to be right.

I just added thisthread to the list of links in the dry denim... sticky, so it will be easier to find.

teisco.gif

The left leg always gets sharper higes because the crease will be perpendicular to the twill. on the right leg it is parallel.

Carpe Denim! (not the jean brand silly!)

1123865699585_selvage_edited.JPG