Paypal identifies supermarket as a high risk for fraud

I'm sure ebay would be listed as high fraud risk if it didn't own paypal

Very true. The amount of fake goods, scams and dodgy credit cards on eBay makes it as high risk as anywhere. I would suggest Sufu is probably safer - obviously you should probably think twice about paying $4,000 for a CCP leather jacket to someone in Lagos with only one post, but that goes for any site.

I'm sure ebay would be listed as high fraud risk if it didn't own paypal

haha yeah, i thought about this. Well its cool to see everyone has had good experiences. I've had pretty good experiences as well. A few tardy shipments, but I've been a little tardy too so I can't complain. Sellers always kept me in the loop though, so no biggie.

Interesting if effective

EBay Expands PayPal Protections

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/20/technology/20ebay.html?_r=2&sq=ebay&st=nyt&adxnnl=1&oref=slogin&scp=3&adxnnlx=1214583370-8gBPW817MawUQqXQyAyKWQ

SAN JOSE, Calif. (AP) — EBay hopes to attract more online traders by expanding the protections available to people who use its PayPal payment service for transactions on ebay’s Internet marketplaces.

EBay executives said Thursday at the company’s annual user conference that buyers who pay for items with PayPal will be eligible for full refunds, with no cap, if a seller fails to deliver an item as promised. Previously a buyer’s coverage was capped at $200, or $2,000 if the item’s seller enjoyed a particularly good reputation on eBay.

EBay sellers who accept PayPal as a payment method, as nearly all of them do, will also get unlimited protection against a charge being reversed. Such reversals can happen if a buyer claims not to get an item, or if a payment is fraudulently made. Previously sellers’ coverage had an annual limit of $5,000, and applied only for shipments to the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom.

A PayPal spokeswoman, Sara Gorman, said the changes, due to take effect this fall, reflect the service’s increasing confidence in its ability to spot and block many fraudulent transactions before they occur.

• 3 months later...

I've bought/sold a lot, a least 20 transactions and I've only had one problem.

Bought something from someone in Toronto and it never arrived. He claims he sent it and the other buyers in his thread said they received their stuff. I'm guessing customs lost it or something but because he didn't ship it with a tracking number, I couldn't find out. It was only $40 so I'll live but it was annoying!

• 1 month later...

The only problems I've had has been with users saying they shipped an item but, in reality it hasn't even left their closet yet. So it takes longer than the necessary 5 to 7 days to get here. I know this because I look at the sticker that shows the date it was entered and shipped.

The only problems I've had has been with users saying they shipped an item but, in reality it hasn't even left their closet yet. So it takes longer than the necessary 5 to 7 days to get here. I know this because I look at the sticker that shows the date it was entered and shipped.

Give them neg feedback, or in sufu case, neg rep.

Very true. The amount of fake goods, scams and dodgy credit cards on eBay makes it as high risk as anywhere. I would suggest Sufu is probably safer - obviously you should probably think twice about paying $4,000 for a CCP leather jacket to someone in Lagos with only one post, but that goes for any site.

Hey, Im from Lagos! and I still wouldn't do business with someone there.

Always bought and sold with confidence here. Had no problems and hopefully I never will.