Burberry Prorsum SS09

homme.homme

Really didn't like this as much, but I think Bailey's just better when designing with fall colors and concepts in mind. I appreciate his attempt to go 180° away from the tech-y, New Wave-y looks that he does so well, but the worn-in look just doesn't work here.

This is my favorite collection from Milan this season. Definitely.

Wholeheartedly agree. I love everything about this, the overcoats, long jumpers, button down vests, colour scheme. Its a shame you didn't post the full pictures (go to men.style.com to see 'um) because the trousers shapes and shoes are so nice.

interesting.. this is ok, definitely like last years better, kinda... That being said, its a good fresh change from the usual..Christopher Bailey and no trench..huh? This is a definite swing from the last five seasons. This season feels to be kinda grunge chic. I think this different Burberry still drools desirability and has done well without their signature pieces. I dig the monotonousness/simpleness of this a lot.

hey homme do we have Costume National? Neil Barrett? They would be good. x

Most of these coats seem to have been conceived as layering pieces, but some of them also seem to have their sleeves rolled while others are normal length. Probably something to check out on a piece-by-piece basis.

Most of those necklines are way to low, and there is way too much man-cleavage going on there. I don't really dig the yellow, because the pieces that are yellow are all the larger items from the collection, which makes it seem a little gaudy to me. I also don't really like the hats at all.

It's weird, I've liked plenty of Burberry Porsum's recent stuff, but this collection...ugh.

I kinda like the small flares of the pants, and the colours of the outfits are working well.

I also like the fact that they look sleek and desirable, but very wearable. Apart from the hats, there are no silly runway effects (even the bags or the scarves look natural).

I kinda like the small flares of the pants.

I've always loved the cut of Bailey's trousers. The hats are the one thing in this collection that I (along w/ a lot of you, it sounds) absolutely hate. Along w/ the low-cut shirts, the hats add to the androgynous feeling.. but not in a good way. Not at all.

The colors are pretty standard. I like the shoes.

I expected something really great with this collection,

but whatever.

The only thing that saved Milan from being a disaster was Prorsum.

Milan was...Milan, but not that bad. Jil Sander and Prada were nice, and Neil Barrett and Gucci were okay.

The androgyny here is not a big problem, it's just the hats.