Colette New York

polishmike

what the fuck is a water bar?

there's a bar/restaurant under the colette store in paris with your choice of 60+ kinds of bottled water

random review via google below, classic line is "When we asked for a recommendation from the 60 kinds of bottled water listed on the menu, he said, 'Select your lunch first, and I'll recommend the water.'"

http://www.finewaters.com/Newsletter/January_2005/Colette.asp

it was really different to other stores when it opened (about ten years ago I think), and it's still quite different to traditional Parisian stores, but it's never been really different to 'concept' stores in Tokyo or maybe London etc. So lots of people going there from abroad aren't really impressed. But they always go because it's become so famous.

• 3 weeks later...
i saw Kanye West last week at Colette in Paris..

how is the store after the re-do? was wrapped up when I was there..

I was at Colette Paris a few days ago and it wasn't that great, but that doesn't mean it was bad. The staff was pretty helpful and I was able to pick up a few things I liked.

picking up a few things is already pretty next level. I've never even tried anything on in Colette, I stop by there for a look when I'm in the city, but never bought anything.

Somebody walk around paris and take high quality pictures of graffiti by famous artists.

Print on AA shirts.

Set up stand on street in front of new colette.

Sell tee's.

Reminds me of the time a friend and i each bought a dozen magnolia cupcakes and then resold them in 2 minutes for 3 times their price to people in line. Shit was easy.

• 2 weeks later...