supermeatheads

kunk75

have any of you guys worked around an injury before? what did you do?

my left hip is hurting after squats last week, i've tried DB step ups (about parallel) and Romanian deadlifts since then - neither aggravate the injury (so far anyway)

high bar a2g squats and conventional deadlifts are out of the question. i'll be visiting a physio eventually if none of this gets better over time

after a three year hiatus of just working and drinking too much and basically taking shit care of myself and dropping 30lbs, i've started lifting and eating for gains again. i'd completely forgotten how much energy and drive you get from eating six meals a day and lifting like a fiend. glad to be back on it.

2 years into compounds now, with some time off in between. My PRs are nothing to write home about but I thought I'd share

5'4 150 lbs

Squat - 225 x 4

BP - 180 x 5

DL - 275 x 5

Overhead press - 110 x 5

Power clean - 145 x 3

Been stalling a lot lately doing Madcow and want to switch to a different routine. Prob 5/3/1 or some strongman program. I want to get a bit leaner for the summer and start bulking again in September. In the past year I've gained a bit of weight (I was ~135 a year ago) but not a whole lot of progress on my lifts...

any thoughts of barbell vs dumbell shoulder press? I feel like they're almost two different excercises with the barbell sp hitting my upper chest and anterior deltoids due to having to carry the weight more in front of my center of gravity, and the db sp really just mainly hitting the delts and my upper back.

Yeah, they're both a little different, but good. DBs will get all those stabilizers, but BB will help you move weight. I'd do them both.

Personally, I do standing BB Press the most. I used to take the reps down each week, but now I think I want to stay above 6 reps per set. doing 5 x 3 or whatever isn't enough overall poundage.

yeah i started with db press back in the day but recently i've taken up the standing bb for poundage and core strength.

also i'd forgotten how eating for size has one taking tyrannosaur class dumps twice a day.

in addition to db press, I like Arnold Press (www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/DeltoidAnterior/DBArnoldPress.html) as a supplement after BB press.

in addition to db press, I like Arnold Press (www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/DeltoidAnterior/DBArnoldPress.html) as a supplement after BB press.

thanks, totally forgotten about the arnold press. makes things a little more interesting than just doing db presses after bb mil press.

A bowl of oats and milk as big as a really fucking big brick with two scoops of whey powder, a handful of almonds, some flaxseed oil, a shot of espresso and if you like to bulk filthy a scoop of ice cream.

Clean bulk : 2 cups oatmeal + 4 scoops whey powder ; blend up with your choice of fat free milk, and follow that up with 6 scrambled eggs. 1600 calories in one go, and 150g of protein, 140g carbs, 64g fat. I don't really like egg whites.

edit: for fastest? I'd say just do an overnight oatmeal shake:

grind up your oats dry the night before to a fine powder and add milk, allow for them to soak up liquid

next morning, add peanut butter and protein powder and choice of fruit/sweetener (i like blueberries, stevia / honey), blend for 20 seconds (already cold no need for ice)

run and gulp. also magic blenders w/ costco's eternal return policy are fantastic buys for the money.

also i'm cutting so I hate mentioning any food at this point.

Edited by Just Another XY

edit: schooled, i defer all form to chariy.

Edited by Just Another XY

Myfitnesspal, and a scale: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002CM6TVI/ref=wms_ohs_product?ie=UTF8&psc=1

will be your friend for getting all that shit into you.

Don't worry too much about your rounded back, whether it be upper, mid or lower, as long as you start the lift in that position and the bar is right next to you. There are plenty of top level guys that pull like a scared cat.

Most guys that tell you that your back needs to stay completely flat during a deadlift can't pull over 500 so why would you want to listen to their deadlifting advice to begin with?

Edited by mrchariybrown