supermeatheads

kunk75

Yeah the knee thing is tough at first. You've got to think about pushing them outward as you drive up. Really, they just kind of stay where they are (shins straight), but that stops your knees from collapsing.

Did some solid back squats today. 320 for 3, and I wish I'd gone heavier.

for low bar squats might be obvious but don't wrap your thumb under the bar, have it with the rest of your figures and really bury the bar in your palm, doing this and locking up your back really tight will keep the bar nicely in place. when i'm squatting for 8, 10 reps its the only way i can keep the bar there

supermeatheads, need your guy's advice on mass gainers. what are people's opinions on them? i've noticed i have a very difficult time getting enough calories in me cause of my crazy schedule, and was thinking that mass gainers would be a nice way to supplement some of the eating I have not been doing. for people who can vouch for them, what's a good brand? should i try other supplements? i've avoided taking any protein/supplements, but feel like to pack in some calories if i want to see any progress weight wise.

on another note, started squatting and deadlifting. feels good. just hope my form is good though.

Working in a supplement store mass gainers are the last think I'll think to reccomend to someone. Most are just loaded with junk carbs and sugars.

Just stick with a basic whey and use whole milk when possible. Also cook with a lot of olive oil tastes good and it's adds some calories up pretty quickly.

As far as brands go dymatize has always been solid in my book the elite gourmet line is fairly inexpensive and tastes pretty good.

Only other supps I'd buy would be a fish oil product and maybe some bcaa's.

It's actually best not to cook with olive oil as it isn't stable with high heat, drizzle it over your food after you cook it. The best oil to cook with is coconut oil.

Try to snack on raw almonds and walnuts if you need extra calories.

Creatine would help aswell, but if you want to add a carb powder to your pwo shake, the best would be Genr8 Vitargo S2 but it's pricey.

Cranked out 100 pullups today. 10x10 in less than an hour. Hell yeah.

My mom uses grapeseed oil for cooking. I read somewhere it's pretty good too.

Thumbs up to almonds and walnuts. Currently munching a handful right now.

Edited by DJ_Flame

What are everybodys thoughts on pre workout meals/fasted training??? Rushed through chest/back at the gym tonight bc I got in there late and didn't eat much beforehand. It was pretty taxing and I felt exhausted afterwards kind of concerned I might have gone catabolic/burned muscle/wasted my time. I'm fucking around a little bit with IF but there is so much conflicting info out there that I'm a little skeptical, mostly bc I'm just trying to build muscle rather than lose fat at the moment.

What are everybodys thoughts on pre workout meals/fasted training??? Rushed through chest/back at the gym tonight bc I got in there late and didn't eat much beforehand. It was pretty taxing and I felt exhausted afterwards kind of concerned I might have gone catabolic/burned muscle/wasted my time. I'm fucking around a little bit with IF but there is so much conflicting info out there that I'm a little skeptical, mostly bc I'm just trying to build muscle rather than lose fat at the moment.

I just go with gut feelings. Tired before workout? Eat. No time to eat but not hungry? Screw it.

up 10lbs since beginning of september :)

gotta learn hook grip

Hook Grip is essential to pretty much any lift where the bar is held at/below waist. I sometimes use it for deadlift, as I think my grip strength is good enough to not have 400lbs resting on two thumbs.

But for Cleans and Snatches, you should "never not" hook grip.

i can't do a hook grip on an olympic bar (short fingers...) so i try to work in farmers walks once a week when my lifts stall because of my grip

my fingers don't seem to be long enough. seems fairly close, the thumb doesn't meet the first knuckle of my fingers so its not that snug though.

really enjoying oly lifts. i've been putting off going to the gym with bumper plates and mats for so long but i don't think i can any more.

first time lifting in a while and while benching noticed that my left side is now way stronger than my right. have always kinda had a problem with this but somehow the disparity grew while I was out. dumbbell exercises for a few weeks to balance it out?