supermeatheads

kunk75

^very. and if your sleep habits are out of whack because of a lack of discipline, probably lots of other things.

stopped lifting like four years ago and so it goes I'm emaciated. Feels weird to come back and have to lift the bar, practice form, etc. Time for...

323_large_image.jpg

anyone else starting up after hiatus?

Maxes as of Dec 2012:

315x1 DL

285x1 Squat

175x1 Bench

As of Feb 2013:

The following are working weights for SS

(245x5) x3 Squat

(285x5) x 3 Deadlift

(170x5) x 3 Bench

(95x5) x3 OHP

And this after a nice back injury that took me out for a few months. Still doing Starting Strength, because I'm a tiny guy. You guys all using foam rollers? I'm lazy and need to do that.

I finally started progressing because I found a partner who was even more of a powerlifter meathead, so all my form questions and worries were assuaged. Also, having a consistent spotter for bench works wonders for trying heavier weights, lol.

@ 5.7" 160 p

Edited by Just Another XY

^ I'm a huge advocate of mobility/ myofacial therapy / stretching etc...most importantly my body isn't as sore the next day since I also have track and field/ basketball practice.

Current numbers:

120kg x 3 Low bar squat

90kg x 3 Oly Squat

75kg x 5 front squat

80kg c&j

50kg snatch

70kg x 6 Bench

140kg x 3 DL

@ 1.79m, 72kg bw.

Edited by DJ_Flame

Been bringing a hockey ball to class and sitting on it to massage my glute/piriformis...friends are super curious, then enlightened when I let them roll about the ball for a while :)

....there are off days where i roll and stretch for an hour....

actually that reminds me i need to get a lacrosse ball to roll my scapula/rhomboid/all that shit that gets tight and sore after i do cleans

Same here.

But it works for me since having some tightness actually helps with my rebound/reflex.

you don't divebomb squats do ya? at least i've never seen you do it in your vids. did you watch that milko tokola vid i posted on your fb?

makes me wanna do atg high bar squats and scream on every rep

Edited by e0d9n0b5

actually that reminds me i need to get a lacrosse ball to roll my scapula/rhomboid/all that shit that gets tight and sore after i do cleans

you don't divebomb squats do ya? at least i've never seen you do it in your vids. did you watch that milko tokola vid i posted on your fb?

I have a semi-quick descent to get some rebound but I don't divebomb.

No really point of me divebombing. I've got a semi-wide stance. Would do me absolutely no good.

Do you guys squat with the bar positioned high on your back (Oly style) or lower underneath the traps (Powerlifting)?

I've always done it PL style, but wondering if posture may get more upright if I have high bar positioning. When I try it up high, it's usually pretty painful on my traps, though.

High bar is what I'm used to now. I started with low bar when I did SS, but as I progressed through the program I felt the bar inching down my back slightly when going up so I never really got too comfortable with that style. I was probably doing something wrong but when I switched to high bar it felt a lot more natural to me.

Just finished sheiko 29 and 37 (doing only lower body work within the program) and going to start cutting while doing whatever is the next sequence. I want to get into human anatomy doll mode in a few months and also want to be able to do three plate squats for reps.

This is me the morning after lunar new year feast/binge with the family, just woke up and relaxed/stomach bulge thanks to binge and bloat. Wish I had gotten drunk, I would've looked more dry lol

rlgpoo.jpg

Somewhere between 72kg and 75kg and about 167cm. No specific bulking or cutting goals for past few weeks, just spinning my wheels diet wise.

Fucking sheiko, this is hand after dead lift, dead lift from boxes and lunges day:

1jmamh.jpg

Yep, stubborn as a mule. I refuse to use gloves, straps, belt or even do over/underhand grip. Hell, the only thing I bring to the gym is a towel and deodorant spray (just drink from the fountain).

Anyone know a reliable program to increase pull ups? I can get low twenties now (number will go up soon as I'm cutting anyway).

been stalling on my last set of deadlifts, 275 x 5. about three or four into them, my grip starts to give out... not willing as poostain said before also to go over/under or use straps/gloves. i definitely feel like i can lift more weight, it's just the grip that is giving up near the end (but this is also after doing 5 x 5 power cleans).

really need to do hook grip. for you guys who are using it already, how did you go about switching over to it? did you just do the same weights using hook grip or did you have to build up some tolerance initially with some lighter weight?