supermeatheads

kunk75

what was the longest sabbatical you guys took from the gym?

Random turn of events and i havent been able to exercise for the past 3 weeks and ive completely deflated :(

i just fear getting back into the routine. Thats the hardest part. Someone tel me itll be ok

what was the longest sabbatical you guys took from the gym?

Random turn of events and i havent been able to exercise for the past 3 weeks and ive completely deflated :(

i just fear getting back into the routine. Thats the hardest part. Someone tel me itll be ok

make sure to have a nice surplus of calories (about +400) for a couple days coming from carbs and in a few workouts, you should be feeling like yourself again. and then in a few weeks, you should have your strength back.

that's from my experience at least. but longest I've gone without lifting was a tad less than 2 weeks.

that sounds right to me..

higher heart rate = more cardiac output, less endurance

lower heart rate = less cardiac output, more endurance

for long-distance runners, a lower heart rate seems ideal for a low impact, high endurance sport

in something like mma, where generally explosive energy is more useful (three 5-minute bouts), a slightly higher heart rate sounds like it would be more useful to have

I just checked mine and it's 63 - exactly where I want it to be (between 60 and 65)

Edit: Ahh boo. Chariy beat me. Dah well.

ANYWAY... In related news, I'm on my second day of the warrior diet as well. Wake up at around 7-8ish on the norm and feeling STUPID hungry by the time 4-5pm rolls around even after 2-3 undereating meals (berries/nuts). My eating schedule prior to this was quite similar in that I'd get my only big meal at night with portioned snacks throughout the day. Hopefully it's just part of the curve.

At the gym right now. 20 min ago I asked these two guys when they'd be done using the squat rack (they are curling in it). They said they will be a while. I just asked them again and they are like "we got 4 more sets bro, you can hop in" I'm like "uh I'm squattig not curling, there are 4 other free barbells that aren't in the squat rack that you could use" then they were like "but we are here already."

aight. wack.

^^^ that's what I figured.

I'm trying to eat healthy, and make all my food at home. How goes the Warrior Diet for you guys? Any of you planning on staying on it for a long time (ie more than 3 months), and/or permanently? It seems neat, but a lot of what the founder says is absolute bullshit concerning 'primitive anabolic drive' junk, and I'm concerned it'll play havoc with glucagon/insulin response over a long period of time

^^^ that's what I figured.

I'm trying to eat healthy, and make all my food at home. How goes the Warrior Diet for you guys? Any of you planning on staying on it for a long time (ie more than 3 months), and/or permanently? It seems neat, but a lot of what the founder says is absolute bullshit concerning 'primitive anabolic drive' junk, and I'm concerned it'll play havoc with glucagon/insulin response over a long period of time

I can't see myself eating any other way again. But I don't see it as some fad diet that is honing in your "inner warrior" as he says but just another way to eat.

I'm concerned it'll play havoc with glucagon/insulin response over a long period of time

Please elaborate. I have one friend that said to me "ugh that doesn't sound like a good diet. Seems like it will mess with your blood sugar and make you insulin resistant" or something to that extent.

question for you warrior diet guys

what do your undereating meals consist of and how many do u eat through out that phase and do u eat anything post/pre workout?

at what time at night do you eat the big meal and would it matter if i kept my big meal carb free for more fat loss?

im sure they have info on IA and i'll look in a moment but wanna know wat u think

question for you warrior diet guys

what do your undereating meals consist of and how many do u eat through out that phase and do u eat anything post/pre workout?

at what time at night do you eat the big meal and would it matter if i kept my big meal carb free for more fat loss?

im sure they have info on IA and i'll look in a moment but wanna know wat u think

Cmon son this has been answered countless times, and the second question is answered if you bought/downloaded the book.

This thread is starting to remind me of a superdenim thread.... SO IM A SZ 30 IN APCS AND NUDIES WHAT SIZE SHULD I GET IN SAMRUAIZ GAIS! CAN I WASH THEM BEFORE 6 MONTHS?! CAN I USE A WASHING MACHINE OR DO I HVE TO HAND WASH!!! URGHHH I CANT FIGURE IT UOTT!!

No but real talk, sorry for coming off as a dick. I had a good nights sleep and now I want to joke around.

Anyway.

3 underfeeding meals.

BCAA/EAA/Glut/Taurine - wait 15 min - Protein (I use BPI, will switch to something else soon) and berries(if I can afford them, fucking expensive now!)

Yes, you can exclude carbs from your diet if you want to lose weight faster. Hello keto diet.

My underfeeding meals usually consist of 2 servings of berries/apples/etc and 1 serving of raw nuts if I'm feeling a little extra hungry. I usually just stock up on a bag of mixed frozen berries since they're cheaper and work for a refreshing snack as it can still get pretty hot where I live.

I haven't changed anything about my postworkout shakes/supplements.

to those on the warrior diet (lol, again), have you noticed any difference in concentration levels and general mental alertness?

I just read about this, and i'm kind of pissed off, because i'm basically doing the opposite of this atm - eating decently, but nothing after 6. I just started it however, i'm gonna see how far it gets me if at all, then switch if it does nothing..

Magnetic: Nah. Energy is pretty good. The way I see it is storing up energy the night before for the day ahead.

F2D: Mainly veggies and fruit. Sweet potatoes and peas are probably my favorite carb sources outside of grains. Other veggies that are good: squash, root veggies (carrots/beets/parsnips/turnips). If you can afford the fructose intake: raisins, dates, bananas/plantains, mangoes, berries are all good.

Thanks Solix. Do you do this yourself btw?

Also I'm no longer following the warrior diet. I'm way too paranoid that I'm not putting on enough mass and the fact that I have to make sure to get all my macros in this one meal seems an unattainable feat on most days.

So I'm back to a normal 4/6 meal a day diet!

Anyhoo, I benched 200lbs, 3x5 yesterday. I was shocked I was able to bench so much....

I'm pretty hungry during the day and I thought I would have less energy, but I feel that I have a ton more energy during the day on this diet.

oh, and it's a pretty good feeling not to have to worry about packing food all day and having a semi-bloated feeling all day. also, I think I'm losing some body fat (and maybe mass) on a 300 calorie surplus. won't know for sure until at least a week from now. if I am, then time to bump my surplus up to 500.

Thanks Solix. Do you do this yourself btw?

What do you mean?

Yesterday was probably my worst energy day on the diet. The day before that, I really went off schedule because of a super tempting taco cart at my friend's 21st birthday. I tried to compensate the intake by eating less protein/carbs at night. Even after 8 hours of sleep I had little energy and wanted to nap all day yesterday. I'm back on track today though.

I'll give this diet at LEAST a whole month before I pass on any valid verdict.

Hey Chairy, do you pull 405 with chalk/gloves/straps? When I get to 280, I'm already feeling the bar slip out of my hands...

What kind of grip are you using? 280 is pretty light to have slipping issues. If you are not already, try a reverse grip. I stopped using straps completely about a year ago to strengthen my forearms as much as possible. I wish I did this sooner...