supermeatheads

kunk75

thought so... today was a relatively unhealthy day for me (though nothing compared to my unhealthy-eating-Saturday)

What would you change/eliminate? the bagel and baked potato? too much fruit?

well, I'm probably the last person to ask what I'd change in that diet because everyone tells me I'm way too strict with my diet. but I'll tell you what I'd change without going overboard being mr. diet-nazi

Breakfast:

-“Honey sweet†wheat bagel w/cream cheese and salmon (I know…)

-Apple

-Couple cups of OJ

I would ditch the bagel and oj and substitute them with a slice or two of whole wheat bread and a protein shake.

Lunch:

-Turkey, hummus, Lettuce, Onions, and Pickles Wrap

-Chicken Breast

-One cup of coffee

this is okay

Snack:

-Chicken salad (Chicken breast, Lettuce/Greens, Corn, Tofu, Mushrooms, Eggs, Onions)

-Banana

this is fine also as long as the chicken salad isn't coated in mayo

Dinner:

-Turkey, hummus, lettuce, onions, and pickles wrap

-Baked potato w/sour cream, onions, broccoli, olives

-Apple

-3 oz. blackberries

-Cup of tea

I would get rid of the baked potato and add in some chicken breast, lean beef, eggs, or fish

Snack (This was too much :( ):

-Fiber one w/milk

-Peanut butter and banana sandwich

-Slice of whole wheat bread

I'm assuming this is your meal right before bed, so I would scratch everything on here and have some nonfat cottage cheese or a casein shake. maybe keep the peanut butter (all natural pb) if you want to slow slow digestion even further

*I also have been snacking on dried blueberries, raisins, and various nuts throughout the day

I would stop the snacking because all those calories add up very quickly. instead, just focus on the calorie content and macronutrient profile of your entire day's meals

my diet today and everyday pretty much

8:00

6 egg whites 2 yolk

cup of og oatmeal with alittle brown sugar

couple toast

protein shake

9:00

peanut butter sammich

cup of milk

10:00-11:00

handful of almonds

some granola with it

12:30

chicken breast

half cup brown rice

3-4 turkey deli slices

spinach + spring mix salad with vinegar

2:00-3:00

handful of almonds

granola

some turkey jerkey

5:00

chicken breast

spring mix spinach salad with vinegar

green beans

prework out 6:00

2 servings of protein shake

postworkout 7:30-8

2 servings of protein

peanut butter sammich

bedtime 11:00

cottage cheese

various fruits

chomp down a spoonful of peanutbutter

hoping to put on a good 15-20 lbs in the next few months before i cut back down to 180

PS. i'm sure this is nothing to most of you but i finally pushed myself on and managed to push 600lbs leg press. record for me :]

I just found this thread. Its great to see a lot of great information and theres more people into working out here than i expected. I just got back two weeks ago after of being out for a little over a month because I was sick. I am struggling to get over how much lean mass i lost and how much fat i put on..

Also, I thought i'd add a few pieces of information that have helped me.

-Drinking BCAA's during workout has dramatically reduced DOMS (being sore the next day) and i feel as if it has helped gains

-Squats are imperative,go light,put pressure on our heel and ball of foot!

-eat every three hours!

-don't drink water with meals,only in between,as you start eating 3000+cals, proper digestion is important,and water with meals hinders that

-ZMA is something great that every male coud/should take

-DONT FUCK WITH PROHORMONES!

-DONT FUCK WITH YOMBINE HCL! whether you are prone to depression or not,that will make you (made me) feel sad and hopeless...

-Hydrolyzed whey for post wo.

-eating carbs soon after working out is important,but i wouldnt fuck with dextrose/waxy maize,or any conventionally grown corn product.go for potatoes/white rice...i myself do fruit,but thats because i get it from work for free

-oh and i dont want to go too far into supplementation,but i think everyone should use an organic food based multi vitamin, fish oil, and calcium supplement if you don't eat dairy.Caclium supplementation is very important if you are not eating dairy and working out/consuming lots of protein.

-creatine,nitric oxide, and subtle test boosters like tribulus, and time/patience are all you need.

i can't believe how awesome my abs will be if i do cut down to ~8%

i started cleaning up my diet in prep for cutting in a month..

so far,

breakfast:

6 whites, 2 yolk, a bit of rice.

bowl of honey nut cheerios, 2% milk

some peaches and rasberries

lunch

half an avocado

2 cans tuna

brown rice

I feel hungry right now, I will make it til lunch time tho, then i won't get to eat until after 5:(

if you are cutting,take loads of BCAA"S they'll help keep your gains. scivation makes XTEND which tastes great, because of the 'natural flavoring' which i'd prefer to be without, but I tried the bulk BCAA's from bulknutrition and it was just unbearable. if you don't want to spend that much then you can just get the bulk glutamine from Bulknutrition and that will help keep gains too

fndmybetterhalf,

just wondering whats the deal with ppl having protein shakes with meals?

imo the eggs should be enough, but if u gotta have the shake then drink it first thing right when you wake up before you make everything else

protein shake with meal is like for when you need 50g protein/meal but only managed to eat 25g worth from your chicken so you just get a scoop of protein for another 25g...

at least that's what I think lol

fndmybetterhalf,

just wondering whats the deal with ppl having protein shakes with meals?

imo the eggs should be enough, but if u gotta have the shake then drink it first thing right when you wake up before you make everything else

good call. i just got in the habit of drinking a potein shake in the morning so i just kept with it for a couple years now.

if you are cutting,take loads of BCAA"S they'll help keep your gains. scivation makes XTEND which tastes great, because of the 'natural flavoring' which i'd prefer to be without, but I tried the bulk BCAA's from bulknutrition and it was just unbearable. if you don't want to spend that much then you can just get the bulk glutamine from Bulknutrition and that will help keep gains too

I get my BCAAs from bulknutrition. the trick is to add a dash of crystal light lemonade mix in there

-don't drink water with meals,only in between,as you start eating 3000+cals, proper digestion is important,and water with meals hinders that

-eating carbs soon after working out is important,but i wouldnt fuck with dextrose/waxy maize,or any conventionally grown corn product.go for potatoes/white rice

yo, any evidence of the 1st statement? thought i was supposed to drink my water with my meals (and in between)

why wouldnt you fuck with waxy maize? im taking it pre and post WO just curious...

Also, I thought i'd add a few pieces of information that have helped me.

1-Drinking BCAA's during workout has dramatically reduced DOMS (being sore the next day) and i feel as if it has helped gains

2-don't drink water with meals,only in between,as you start eating 3000+cals, proper digestion is important,and water with meals hinders that

3-ZMA is something great that every male coud/should take

4-Hydrolyzed whey for post wo.

5-eating carbs soon after working out is important,but i wouldnt fuck with dextrose/waxy maize,or any conventionally grown corn product.go for potatoes/white rice...i myself do fruit,but thats because i get it from work for free

6-oh and i dont want to go too far into supplementation,but i think everyone should use an organic food based multi vitamin, fish oil, and calcium supplement if you don't eat dairy.Caclium supplementation is very important if you are not eating dairy and working out/consuming lots of protein.

7-creatine,nitric oxide, and subtle test boosters like tribulus, and time/patience are all you need.

1: That's true. A good BCAA supplement is Scivation Xtend, it truly is the best.

2:I researched that and it's more of a myth than anything, I haven't been able to find anything to support it.

3:ZMA is more of a preference. Some people have said it made them sleep a little bit better but it's not really something they need.

4:Yes, go for whey protein PWO, rapid protein absorption is desirable immediately before or after exercise.

5:Waxy maize isn't bad if any of you'd like to use it. Personally, I use Glycocharge to add carbs to my PWO shake and other shakes and it's carbohydrates derived from waxy maize. Waxy maize is also much more effective than dextrose.

6:He's correct, don't go too far into supplementation, just the essentials. The best thing is a good diet.

7: Creatine, NO supplements, and Testosterone boosters are more of a preference than anything. Personally I don't use creatine, but it's not a bad supplement.

Improved health is personal preference.

I won't take waxy maize or other conventionally grown (not organic) corn products because of the methods used to produce corn. Meaning the chemicals it is treated with,genetic modification,and treatment of farms.Google corn no.2

I am not arguing that I feel like glycogen replenishment is not important,but that processed corn isn't something I personally enjoy. Although if there was organic waixy maize, I'd be on it. Until then I'll eat high glycemic whole foods.

From personal experience, if I drink too much water,more than a few sips, I get heartburn. And I have read studies that suggest as such,but will have to wait until I am on my computer to find them.Although,it makes sense(to me),as everything has to go into your stomach to digest,not only the amount of water in there can affect the rate,and ability to digest food within, the contents also plays a role. I have also read suggestions to eat foods with similar digestive combinations,eg:fat and protein are ok together,carbs should almost always be alone, and vegetables can go with anything. Beyond that there is the consideration of what happens after digestion that plays a role. Whether something results in acidic ash or alkaline is also important (to me). I feel,literally,that food combinations directly lead to bloating,gas,indigestion,which may be signs of bad digestion.

Its like mixing vodka and milk.

But namelock,if you could explain to me how digestion does work, i'd love to learn.

a quick google search has lead to information saying that drinking water with meals does NOT affect your ability to digest food. And I think the defining difference is how much,4-6oz,I agree,won't have noticeable adverse affects, 16oz+ is where I feel intereferes. Everyone is different though.But I'm saying,do you think your food will pass with the same amount of efficiency if there is half a gallon or more food that not only your food,but digestive enzymes are diluted in?

I'm sixteen, 5'8 and around 129/130 pounds.

I do crew, and i really need to gain weight.

I have a pretty high protein and high carb diet, and I have protein shakes everyday but for some reason I can't break 130 pounds. I'm not sure if it's just my body type (I'm pretty thin) or something I'm missing.

I seriously need to gain some weight for crew, I'm lighter than the coxswain right now and my coach wants me to get up to 145 soon. I'm not sure if it's just my body type (I'm pretty thin) or something I'm missing.

Any ideas of what I could do to put on weight relatively fast? Or anything I could change?

Calculate roughly how much calories you're eating. Weigh yourself now, continue eating the same amount of calories, then re-weigh yourself after a week. If you find you're the same weight, you need to up the amount of calories your eating.

Caloric surplus = weight gain

It's really that simple. Also lift heavy weights around 8 reps and 3 sets and avoid cardio like the plague.

The only problem is i have no time to lift weights, with practice 6 days a week. We do a lot of cardio in crew, because the sport requires cardio. We lift weights, but never a huge amount of weight, it's always a small amount and mulitple reps.

Would a weight gainer supplement type of thing help since finding time to lift is hard in my situation?

The only problem is i have no time to lift weights, with practice 6 days a week. We do a lot of cardio in crew, because the sport requires cardio. We lift weights, but never a huge amount of weight, it's always a small amount and mulitple reps.

Would a weight gainer supplement type of thing help since finding time to lift is hard in my situation?

my only suggestion if you are doing a ton of cardio is EAT EAT EAT!

When I was trying to gain weight, I went from roughly 160 to 185 last year within 3-4 months.

I was eating 4-5 meals with weight gainer shakes in between meals and before bed.

with the amount of cardio your doing as well as the lifting, i'd say you're gonna need to be taking in quite a bit of calories (3000+)

Damn, so it looks like protein shakes with each meal and I'm going to have to double the servings of each meal too.

Thanks for the help.

After we weighed in last week and i came in at 128.5 my coach pretty much gave my team mates permission to force feed me milkshakes to fatten me up.

Careful with what you eat too, higher calories is only half the battle. If you eat too much fiber you can end up losing weight. It's harder to digest so your metabolism shoots up to do so, burning not only those calories but your stored as well.

I'm sixteen, 5'8 and around 129/130 pounds.

I do crew, and i really need to gain weight.

I have a pretty high protein and high carb diet, and I have protein shakes everyday but for some reason I can't break 130 pounds. I'm not sure if it's just my body type (I'm pretty thin) or something I'm missing.

I seriously need to gain some weight for crew, I'm lighter than the coxswain right now and my coach wants me to get up to 145 soon. I'm not sure if it's just my body type (I'm pretty thin) or something I'm missing.

Any ideas of what I could do to put on weight relatively fast? Or anything I could change?

Get on a good weight training program and eat clean meals, but double what your normal portion would be, and eat clean meals. That' will be the best thing to do.

But, if you just want to put on weight, eat the double portion as I suggested but at night before you go to sleep eat a good deal of food high in carbohydrates and eat a good amount of peanut butter.

Crew is rowing? I just used google to see what it's, but let me know if it's something else.

I suggest taking creatine. In simple terms; you'll add a couple pounds of water weight.

Crew seems like low rep high weight would benefit you more, it'll increase your strength rather than size, low weight high rep is more aerobic than anything.

Damn, so it looks like protein shakes with each meal and I'm going to have to double the servings of each meal too.

Thanks for the help.

After we weighed in last week and i came in at 128.5 my coach pretty much gave my team mates permission to force feed me milkshakes to fatten me up.

They'll do exactly that, fatten you up.

In simple terms; take in more calories than you're burning.

ok supermeatheads. i have a quick question:

ive been on creatine gluconate, but have been thinking of switching over to monohydrate because of the massive pricepoint difference, and also because i'm not sure how much i'm getting out of taking gluconate. (i've only been on gluconate, never monohydrate)