supermeatheads

kunk75

there are machines for that.

sumo stance deadlifts hit it too though

hmm, with a deadlift i never had training but are you supposed to lift it and then hold then drop? or do you gently settle it again..

im on a 2 weeks break, and im still feelin lazy. fuck.

any tips on working the calf muscles btw?

have you tried doing calf raises?

im on a 2 weeks break, and im still feelin lazy. fuck.

any tips on working the calf muscles btw?

yea i know how it is. i wanted to take 4 days off but 4 days ended up a week lol. hopefully ill be picking back up soon but im gonna take it slow from today and just work out 3 times a week to give my body enough time to rest up between each work out.

as for calves go, i dont usually work out my calves too much but ill do some standing calf raises once or twice a week.

by and large, calves are either there or they're not. calves are where genetics hit home hardest. i hit them as often as any other body part.

i like to do them on the standing calf machine as i alternate them with stiff legged shrugs on there.

This is the truth. I have the smallest, shortest calves and they refuse to grow. I work them at least once a week and they can lift more than any of my gym partners, all of which have bigger calves than I do.

hmm, with a deadlift i never had training but are you supposed to lift it and then hold then drop? or do you gently settle it again..

No. Don't drop it. You'll look like a douchebag and everyone will stare at you. Just lower your body the same way you came up, but you don't need to go super slow or anything; just control it.

I don't work calves, but mine are pretty good sized (I'd guess 18" or so?). I agree w/ kunk on it being a lot of genetics/luck, but I think I recalled I used to have smaller ones in HS when I didn't lift legs as hard as I should have.

Since you can definitely work other leg muscles like quads/hams to get bigger, would it be accurate to say that you can get your calves to grow by going heavier in squat/deadlift/etc, thus forcing your calves to adjust and support the weight?

just a guess

Don't you guys want to avoid looking like one of those guys with a huge upper body and chicken legs? Calves are just as important as everything else.

well just like kunk said, calf size has a lot to do with genetics.. and lucky for me, mine, at 16.8", are pretty proportionate to the rest of my body..

but I'm not sure if I would exactly call this "lucky".. I do wish that my legs in general were a bit smaller :(

well just like kunk said, calf size has a lot to do with genetics.. and lucky for me, mine, at 16.8", are pretty proportionate to the rest of my body..

but I'm not sure if I would exactly call this "lucky".. I do wish that my legs in general were a bit smaller :(

calves at 15.5"...idk if i'd say theyre tiny compared to my body but i wouldnt think so...im quite happy with my calves

the steve reeves proportions were:

bi's and calves=1/2 waist

thighs=2/3 waist

neck=1/2 waist

chest=1.25-1.5 x waist

so you're saying my arms have to be 16"? i have an inch to go :[

thighs = 21" inches / 32" - check

neck = 15.5" - close enoguh, check

chest = roughly 42" - eh...getting there...lol

try laying off direct arm work for a bit and they'll grow from the compound pushing and pulling.

calves at 15.5"...idk if i'd say theyre tiny compared to my body but i wouldnt think so...im quite happy with my calves

so you're saying my arms have to be 16"? i have an inch to go :[

thighs = 21" inches / 32" - check

neck = 15.5" - close enoguh, check

chest = roughly 42" - eh...getting there...lol

so I'm now a member of the tennis team at my school and I gotta get my ass back into running shape. I cross train as it is, so my upper body is pretty well off since I go to the gym 3-5 days a week as it is, but I need to work on my endurance/wind/and general cardio health. Any specific things besides treadmill/general running I should work on? I'm pretty bitch when it comes to running, I think I've only run a mile under 10 minutes once.