Starting Pair of Denim

PandaDenim

So I should hit up Ueno instead of Shibuya?

Does Ueno have like Samurai and SugarCane?

I really like the way Sugarcanes look.

it aint that far apart, check out both areas

just find one of edmonds many posts, and click onto his moniker DEMONITO. choose the option to send him a pm. nice guy, and he knows his shit. you can soak, or chose not to, its up to you. dont believe the hype. either way you'll be fine. just get what you like, and rock the shit outta em'. enjoy...

OK, every one has been really helpfull, kind and forgiving from the beginning on and you just keep stacking answer ontop of answer and it ends here and now!

Fuck you, you one of those people who used to let others do your homework for you in HS?

The small question thread is there to ask small questions, not to read other peoples questions, conclude that yours is not there and then start a new thread for your question.

This does not contribute anything to this forum as it is such a specific question tailored to you.

This forum is filled with knowlegde and every question you've asked so far could have been found.

You say you'll be in Tokyo till august?

This means you have another 2,5 months in the super luxurious position to feel, compare and try out all of this denim that most people on here can't even dream of.

As other people before me have said: look up adresses of stores, go out, research and wow us!

If not and you just want to be lazy and spend as little money as possible, go to your nearest Uniqlo, buy a pair of their raw selvedge jeans, have your perfect starters pair and stop bothering us!

welcomeol4.jpg

this is bullshit! how much rep do i need to "spread around" before i can +rep cotton duck again? but cotton, be easy on the poor lad. he doesnt know anything. he obviously didnt make a trip to tokyo cause he wanted nice jeans. but i get frustrated too, so i understand .

Uhmmm.

Sorry Duck I guess?

But I mean like if you don't want to help you don't have to jesus.

And yeah, he's right, I didn't make a trip to Japan specifically for denim.

And also I'm asking because it's really hard to find addresses of these stores, and even harder to actually locate them since most streets in Japan don't have goddamned names, so forgive me for trying to get a little help.

-PD

Hi Demonito!

I was hoping you could give me some info on what's a good starter pair of denim to buy, or if there even is such a thing.

Should I just dive head first into the better stuff instead of playing around with lower end denim?

Anyway, I gave my measurements earlier and I'm in Tokyo currently and I was wondering if you could tell me where to find some denim and if there is any denim that's like unnamed or something so I could try something new...and hopefully if it isn't well known yet it's cheaper, lol.

Thanks.

-PD

come on people, everyone should understand that theres only one way to erase ignorance, and that is by asking questions. so what he didn't pm edmond. is it a cardinal sin? the energy spent raking this person over the coals could've been spent answering the question a long time ago. and personally, ive never asked a question in the 'small ?s thread' and had it answered. example: i asked long ago what the XX in a lot of model #s are ( i was assuming it meant 'heavy weight'), and no one answers me. or why the patch on my sams says"made in the united states'', instead of osaka japan. plus,some sufu cats are very snobbish, covertly insecure, and assholesque anyway(not cotton duck in particular). so guys, retract your fangs for a noob, please. we were all complete noobs @ some point.

ok i just read thru the thread

i would suggest buying a pair of samurai's s5000vx as your 1st denim and then go from there..

it will always be denim watever you say expensive or not after a week or 2 of wearing them even a 700 bucks 45rpm jomon would still be just a pair of jeans ..

anyways spend it wisely if you have cash get the most expensive and rare denim if you dont then go for a pair of stf..

sorry cant help ya with fadez i only have 3 faded jeansz in my closet now and im on my fourth,.

ratio and proportion gaizzzz

Cool, thanks Demonito for actually helping.

Anyway, I think on sunday I'm hitting up Ueno for all the stores but since I have some free time today I might go check out junkys in Shinjuku station(since I'm living in Shinjuku) to check out their selection.

I heard they have a pretty good selection, so as long as the jeans fit and I like them I'll get them.

If I do pick them up I'll take a few pictures and post them today or tomorrow.

If not then I'll post pics after I go to Ueno.

Or maybe I'll get a pair each from both places! :D

Haha. Thanks Demonito. Oh btw, what do you think about PBJs? Since I think I'm visiting Harajuku at some point and they look like they have sizes that would fit me perfectly.

-PD

So I checked out the store today, the one by Shinjuku.

They don't stock a lot of jeans, but they have a fair amount of Sugar Cane.

They are all 14oz, so very stiff lol. But most of them didn't fit very well, except for the persimmon died ones. But those are still a little long.

I'm going to check out Ueno tomorrow and if there is nothing better there I'll get the persimmons because I dig the color.

So I read somewhere else that persimmon fades the opposite way? The dye gets darker and darker? Is that true?

And also can I hotsoak the sugarcanes? The website(sugarcane's) says I shouldn't but I thought you hotsoak all jeans otherwise there is no shrinkage? The website tells me to just like soak it.

Thanks, I appreciate the help.

-PD