Chronicles Of Never S/S 08

Tyro1

hey guys these shoes are not for every day wear..ie. if you own leather soled shoes you have to have a couple of pairs at least.. probably 4 pairs or more is good if you want to wear the shoes leather soled shoes every week... also some other types you can frequently wear . You should never wear them the day after you get them wet either as that speeds up the wear on the soles quite alot.

I personally love leather soled shoes.. just the sound of them in a quite place with marble floors makes them worth every cent.. blah what a spiel sorry.

also with a leather sole you can get them finished, whether it is channeling or capping or taps.. just a little can go a long way into extending the life of the soles.

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey guys these shoes are not for every day wear..ie. if you own leather soled shoes you have to have a couple of pairs at least.. probably 4 pairs or more is good if you want to wear the shoes leather soled shoes every week... also some other types you can frequently wear . You should never wear them the day after you get them wet either as that speeds up the wear on the soles quite alot.

I personally love leather soled shoes.. just the sound of them in a quite place with marble floors makes them worth every cent.. blah what a spiel sorry.

also with a leather sole you can get them finished, whether it is channeling or capping or taps.. just a little can go a long way into extending the life of the soles.

i dont wear them all the time. i have 2 cheap pairs that i wear all the time and dont care if they get ruined. i only wear my cubisms when i go out... eg, shopping, or a night out or something.

does anyone have any recommendations for the wooden sole to make them last longer?

i got my neoism high tops re soled last week.. There was a hole on the ball of the feet on both, and he had to rebuild the heel aswell.. But i have been wearing them A LOT since march. They feel so much better now. If you get the shoes with the 'rubber' type soles, i suggest getting a thin protective layer early..

i got my neoism high tops re soled last week.. There was a hole on the ball of the feet on both, and he had to rebuild the heel aswell.. But i have been wearing them A LOT since march. They feel so much better now. If you get the shoes with the 'rubber' type soles, i suggest getting a thin protective layer early..

neoism are rubber soles, correct?

i really like the look of the Mono 3 Lo, but unsure about the leather sole (those look like leather sole, right?)

Arcane - about how much does it cost to have the thin rubber sole put on?

The one I use charge about $30 which is probably a rather decent price. It'll probably be in the $20-$50 span though. Another advantage with a rubber sole is that you're not running the risk of slipping and breaking your due to slippery soles.

If you're planning on doing it ask the cobbler to see the sole he intends to use first cause some of them have absolutely no clue when it comes to the visual effect it might have on the shoes

i took my cubisms to a shoe guy today and he said he wont fix them because the little bit of metal showing where the crack is would just make the rubber wear away straight away and it isnt even worth it.

not happy at all.

also, gareth has put up a look book and model shots for the optical range. the photos look cool, and i think they feature the parrallax jacket

i think they might be one of the only places that carry it. i went to a party where they showcased the collection. i'm sure it will sell very well in ny.

I just meant, it's not in AUS stores yet...

He lived in New York, when with tsubi though, so I'm sure he has plenty of contacts there:rolleyes:

to continue the shoe talk from the previous page the sole construction and materials is apparently being stepped for this coming season. the soles on my skeleton keys were beat after about 4 days - disintergrating/peeling off blah blah. so i took them back to incu and they fronted the cost of repair which was nice and also told me that next season will 'apparently' be better... and in terms of leather soles i have had leather sole dress shoes that last and last with no need of resoling so while i think getting them resoled is a good thing you shouldn't have to do it... if you know what i mean. the leathers they use for the uppers is all top notch though and construction on uppers is beautiful too - the stitch work is perfect.

jsut bought a pair of black skeleton keys, im fine to have them resoled if necessary, i just hope the relatively thin/soft upper can go the distance.

also... just noticed the catalogue pics for the black skeleton keys looks much different from the ones just released..different shape, shinier, stitching in slightly different places.

the blacks also look quite different from the blues (in the catalogue), which look to be made of suede.