Moderation

Corbin Law

Quote:

If there is going to be a "cooling off" period before people can post, I think it should be based on time, rather than post count.

More pointless posts is exactly what we don't need.

--- Original message by tangerine on Oct 21, 2005 09:46 AM

YUP! I agree that time is better than post count!

maybe it's a good idea to let people answer a few basic questions about stuff that is talked about on st, so u avoid getting questions like: is nudie ''cool'' ? or stuff like that

but just my idea

''Don't be afraid to do stupid things, cause íf things wouldn't be stupid, everyone would be doing those things ''.

ok lets get organized

the main suggestions ehre are: Minimum Post limit, Buy Sell Forum, Tragic Bliss for Moderator, No Minimum Post limit, Banning people with lame ass brands

Minimum post limit:

Some pros i guess would be that we wouldnt have people spamming the second the arrive on the forum

this would also keep people who own their own brands to be part of the community

some cons: there are alot fo people who have been on ST for a long time yet they only post when necessary and they dont have many posts but they are still very knowledgeable

Buy Sell Forum:

As long as this has very specific rules like, you only get 3 bumps and there has to be a 24 hour peroid inbetween them, and dont try to sell the same thing multiple times and rules like that

id say this is a really good idea

Tragic Bliss for moderator:

Well hes been here for a bit and he seems to be a smart guy but moderation should be done in a team in my opinion. Not every moderator thinks the same way about a specific posts so having maybe 3 moderators plus chad and wayne i think would be a good set

No minimum post limit:

Buy/Sellers can walk right in and start to spam

protects ghost readers whove been here for a long time but dont post

See "minimum post limit"

banning lame ass people wtih their own brand:

i say that we dont look at members of ST as brand owning, or sellers, or just people ehre to talk, look at them all as just members. Maybe someone is just here to sell, but they are also a very nice guy/girl and contributes to the forum then dont ban their ass. And maybe someones brand does suck ass, but the guy still knows what hes talking about and is pleasant, then dont ban his ass. but maybe someone is jsut a regular member and they are a douche bag but we dont ban them cause they are just a regular member then peopela re cheating the system. If peoples brands do suck, people help them out and offer some advice, dont just bitch at them about how much of trend whors they are.

I say ban lame ass people, not nice people with lame ass brands

any more topics?

chwa?

I think post limits are just about the worst way to prove how "legit" a member of a site is. I've been a registered user here for longer than the vast majority of the membership, I just don't feel the need to post very often. That should not keep me from enjoying full privledges in this forum. I don't know what the best way to keep spammers and trolls off of the boards is, but we need to keep thinking.

hmmm

the main purpose, as i see it, for a minimum post limit is to encourage people who are just here to sell, to become part of the community first

but it does take away all posting or anything rights of ghost readers.

how about, if your just ehre to sell then you have a minimum post limit?

or just scratch the idea all together

chwa?

Minimum posts for buy/sell topics isn't going to help. Just because a member has a certain number of posts doesn't mean he's trustworthy. Superfuture obviously cannot be held responsible in any way for the actions of a poster on this forum, so it's really up to the members themselves to deem whether or not a buyer/seller is trustworthy. Posting eBay feedback and stuff helps establish yourself if you've never sold anything here before. Of course, the most important thing in this regard is common sense.

Tragic would be a good moderator, I think, but I'm not sure how often he reads the forum, and sometimes it moves pretty quickly, so there are definitely more moderators needed.

Banning is obviously a touchy issue and shouldn't be done too quickly. I hope moderators have the ability to remove threads, and if there's an OBVIOUS case of some dude joining here just to advertise for his shitty brand, then a moderator should remove the thread. If it continues, further action should be taken.

I definately think a seperate buy/sell forum should be created.

Anyone should be able to post info on their new company and

they deserve every bit of feedback they deserve- Good and bad

these threads have been some of the most interesting by far.

Deleting threads should only happen to those that become serious

hate forums (excepting "new brand what do you think?" threads

they asked for it) but off subject and racist shit should be tossed.

For the most part, All are welcome and the users here should police

this site themselves--don't feed the fire on shit threads!!

Be unto others and this forum will continue to thrive with relevent, informative

and hopefully some funny insights. Let's not have this turn into teen angst.

Quote:

I think post limits are just about the worst way to prove how "legit" a member of a site is. I've been a registered user here for longer than the vast majority of the membership, I just don't feel the need to post very often. That should not keep me from enjoying full privledges in this forum. I don't know what the best way to keep spammers and trolls off of the boards is, but we need to keep thinking.

--- Original message by arem on Oct 22, 2005 10:31 PM

GOOD POINT!

http://digitalcameras.freepay.com/?r=22326654

Quote:

If there is going to be a "cooling off" period before people can post, I think it should be based on time, rather than post count.

Yall seemed to have skipped over this suggestion. This is probably the best idea.

i think everyone has made good points. But how do you tell good from bad.

I got some serious hate when i first joined and all i wanted to do was spread the love.

So need to be careful and i think how it is working now is fine...

I hope indigo doesn't cause cancer...

... could you hand me the dental floss

Quote:

What the hell happened to coco b-ware??? somebody once told me o'd on coke...true story

wind breakin necks with that neon air tech

• 2 weeks later...

how about not....

i actually enjoy all the verbal knife fight, its really entertaining, seeing ppl trying to restore and destroy order around here....

so what next, evey four year we get to vote for a new moderator, and if the moderator f' up we get to impeach him/her? and each moderator get to have 2 terms?