I really need fashion help..

EstrellaU

I am confused as fuck...I look at a bunch of clothing lines on this site but I just can't figure out why there's so much hype around some of this high-end stuff, alot of it looks the same to me...anyone want to help me figure it out? I've seen people say SS08 by XYZ is poppin and SS08 by ABC is corny when they're practically identical. The help would really be appreciated because I really want to learn. How do you evaluate? I was just in the Black Trouser Project post and I was like :confused:

and you need to be more specific, instead of just ABC vs. XYZ.

I don't even remember what I was looking at but they were so similar...I thought there was something I didn't see that other "fashion forward" people did. And to Kunk75, I already know what I like, I just wondering if there was a general group of rules that makes something good quality. SuFu is full of hypebeast type of people too?

and you need to be more specific, instead of just ABC vs. XYZ.
safe bet is to buy dolce & gabbana... looks good on everyone

i never said I wanted to wear an everybody's brand. All I wanted to know was why certain brands were being treated like the holy grail.

there's so much more substance to everything that exists, you twat. I think you may be too stupid to grasp a concept like that.

For example with fashion, there's the cut, the quality, the materials, the details, and even more...it's so much more than just the color and what type of clothing. fuck

there's so much more substance to everything that exists, you twat. I think you may be too stupid to grasp a concept like that.

For example with fashion, there's the cut, the quality, the materials, the details, and even more...it's so much more than just the color and what type of clothing. fuck

you could have given the advice w/o the insults. I asked QUESTIONS in a FORUM without being rude to anyone. that was not necessary at all. relax....

the problem is that you're evaluating it based on pics on the internet. go forth and actually handle the pieces and look at the construction, details, and fabrics used in the different collections. then make your evaluations. perhaps then you'll understand why some labels are held in higher redarg than others despite looking "similar".

you also have to understand, there are a lot of people on this forum. so unless you are tracking 1 or 2 persons opinions, of course things seem different. some people on here are fobs who only wear supreme, levi's and dunks. others are dior whores who STRICTLY wear dior. neither of those things are having style. they are being trendy. even if you wear whatever that mall shit is like hollister or whatever, if it works for you and looks good, then that's all that matters and in most circles that will garner more respect than some douche in brooklyn who looks like every other douche in brooklyn. do what works for you.

you also have to understand, there are a lot of people on this forum. so unless you are tracking 1 or 2 persons opinions, of course things seem different. some people on here are fobs who only wear supreme, levi's and dunks. others are dior whores who STRICTLY wear dior. neither of those things are having style. they are being trendy. even if you wear whatever that mall shit is like hollister or whatever, if it works for you and looks good, then that's all that matters and in most circles that will garner more respect than some douche in brooklyn who looks like every other douche in brooklyn. do what works for you.

AMEN! The most stylish guy I know shops at salvation army. It works for him.

There does tend to be a bit of hype here around certain labels, and a lot of that is perpetuated by kids with way to much cash from mom and dad, who are still looking for their sense of style. Take all the posts with a grain of salt and pick things you like because you (and not someone else) like them.

Most honest section though would be superdenim. Everyone loves denim :D, plus there are too many real experts (e.g. ringring) for anyone to get out of line.

I am confused as fuck...I look at a bunch of clothing lines on this site but I just can't figure out why there's so much hype around some of this high-end stuff, alot of it looks the same to me...anyone want to help me figure it out? I've seen people say SS08 by XYZ is poppin and SS08 by ABC is corny when they're practically identical. The help would really be appreciated because I really want to learn. How do you evaluate? I was just in the Black Trouser Project post and I was like :confused:

this, gentlemen, is truly A KING

I'm not saying I don't know what I like, I'm capable of thinking for myself, I just had to find out if there was something I don't understand. Thanks to the dudes who explained how SuFu is and for answering my question. Some of you guys were getting at me for no reason smh...whatever though.

Man, that might've been the gayest thing i've read on here but i think i lol'd