The UCLA Department of Architecture & Urban Design

Perloff Hall

The grid location is F2

Parking is available in Lot 3 for $8

Info: 310.267.4704

Seating is first come, first served,

RSVP to Christa Carr

[email protected]

No, you guys are wrong. :D Row House at Sumiyoshi is my favorite work of his.

streetexteriordz8.jpg

Exterior from street

isometricplanelevationre8.jpg

Isometric, plan and elevation

interioratriumav8.jpg

Interior of atrium

topexteriorth6.jpg

Top exterior

atriumraingt2.jpg

Atrium from roof during rain

I really like this. A small residence, upstairs and downstairs with open air atrium in center. In order to move from one side of the house to the other you must walk through the "outdoors."

Some people I know write it off as contrived and tacky... I really do not feel that way at all. I think it is a great utilization of small space. Almost of the opposite of traditional japanese interior design; instead of having multi purpose rooms which can easily be transformed from sleeping on futons to entertaining guests to dining the transformation goes on during the commute/journey between rooms. This journey is emphasized by crossing thresholds from indoors to out.

I love it.

Wish I could make this lecture.

anyone been to his restaurant in NYC? is it worth checking out? Morimoto I believe it is called in Chealsea.

Please take some pictures, and or give us your impressions if you have the chance to attend this event.

This morning I was in a car accident. Today I'll be getting estimates on the damage.

Unfortunately, I will not be able to go to this event, and I'm not happy about that.

He will be signing the Complete Works published by Taschen. It will be an amazing event, in my opinion.

Enjoy, everyone.

I hope someone made it into this event.

If anyone did, please let us know what we missed?

More than likely I will be dissapointed I couldn't go for a long time to come.

It is not every day that one of the penultimate architects of Japan happens to end up in Los Angeles..

*sobs*