Evisu No. 1 vs No. 2

frideswide

That's useful about the cut of the jeans (I thought it was the year the model was introduced..... duhh).

Someone told me the No. 2 was sanforized and the No. 1 was shrink-to-fit --- don't know if that's true or not. In the thread you cited, someone mention a No.0 grade, but I've never seen it...

I was in a shop not long ago and virtually all the Evisus seem to be made in China (H.K.) now --- no more Italian ones, even! I finally found one bunch which were made in Japan --- very nice, but of course they were about twice the price of all the rest... something like 450 US.

Like some other poster said, I respect the guy Yamane and what he's done, but the marketing machine is way out of control.

Edited by takashi on Oct 11, 2005 at 08:11 AM

I saw quite a few No.0 jeans at the Evisu Taylor - Daikanyama store. They were quite coarse and hairy.

China made Evisu are very different to the Japanese made. The denim is very flat (lacks texture), and the colour is bulletproof. (They may have improved these problems recently)

_trinket