braid

SuperMeetup NYC

The latter sounds like a burger, the former does not.

Minetta is a cool place and yeah their burger is good but I wouldn't rate it any higher than pauls' burgers (or even five guys for that matter) that cost at least half as much

dude you're insane if you think Paul's steamed walmart meat burgers can compete with Minetta.

They ain't steamed for one and def not walmart for two so have fun blowin 16 extra bucks!

I'm not about to get all Sufu bourgeois mindset about my food, especially not burgers... Pauls tastes fucking dank and anyone who says otherwise is either lying to himself or full of it. But I can't say I'm all too surprised at the backlash after all.

Just ask yourself what you'd rather spend 30 dollars on, a burger or a filet?

If putting a metal bowl on top of the burger with a squirt of water doesnt qualify as steaming I dont know what is.

^alright I'll give you that, I misunderstood, thought you were calling them white castle burgers or something along those lines

I just like my burgers more charred, but not saying I wont eat at Paul's. I'll eat any burger cept Corner Bistro. I saw them take cold pre cooked burgers and reheat them the last 2 times I was there.

^wow that's disappointment..

yeah..

fuck Corner Bistro..

i used to like them a few years ago.

they have become such a disappointment...

I'm not about to get all Sufu bourgeois mindset about my food, especially not burgers.

Dude no one else is either. I'm just saying burger-to-burger comparison you have to be real. If I have 10 bucks in my pocket, yeah I'll gladly eat Paul's or something like it.

Most burgers, I wouldn't pay more than 12 bucks at a sitdown placet, and definitely not more than 7-8 at a fast food joint. The Minetta burger is in another class. Even if I can only justify eating a burger that expensive once a year, you bet I'm enjoying the fuck out of it that one time.

fuck it,

i have to try this overpriced burger to have an opinion..

my friend just got us a res at Minetta tonight..!

will def chime back in thoughts after meal..

the pat la frieda fresh direct patties are pretty damn good too. But they smoke your apartment up and set off fire alarms when you cook them indoors even with an exhaust.

pro tip for at-home burgers -- get your ground beef from the Japanese butcher shop on Great Jones. Their steaks are pricey, but the ground beef is normally 3.99/4.99 per lb. and worth its weight in gold.

yup

2nd that solid info..

i also get most of our meet from the Japanese butcher shop on Great Jones,

def pricy shit, but ohhhhhhhh so worth it!

How's the secret restaurant in the back of the butcher?

one of my wife's friend runs it,

so i am mad biased..

i love it there, very very japanese older bar vibe,and super $$$

but great for a nightcap if you are in the hood.

must call ahead to get seated..

doesnt seem so secret anymore judging by all lame nyu asian girls doing yelp reviews. 55 for a course isnt that bad. .

No love for shakeshack?

Loved it when I was in NY

I'm from the UK so I don't know if this is evil/played out etc

Damn, forgot all about burger Mondays at RUB. Anybody down for that?

im down. we should start a club where we try a new restaurant every month or something.

on the topic of burgers...im not trying to spend more than $15 on a burger and at that price it better be extra legit plus come with mad fries or something. anything more and id rather get "real food." ive had many of the top burgers in nyc (except black label) and to be honest i almost always prefer the cheaper ones. new jalepeno cheddar steakhouse from bk is dope.

Restaurant burgers suck. That includes Daniel Boulud's fancy shit right along with any random resto that throws a burger in the mix. I'd take a Steak 'n Shake steakburger over any of those, any day of the week. The Black Label is one of the very few exceptions where it actually deserves its place on the menu. Rub's looks real legit, too, for a classic griddle burger.

im down. we should start a club where we try a new restaurant every month or something.

SUFU Fat Bastards Eating Society

im a fat bastard trapped in a skinny body

lol

We can also play credit card roulette during the SUFU Fat Bastards Eating Society excursions.

For those who dont know what that is. We all hand our credit cards to the server when we get the bill and ask that it be charged on one random card.

It's kinda douchey but fun.

• Luisa via Roma (US)
    Brand - 125 x 125