SuperMeetup NYC

braid

Ace Hotel lobby bar, tonight, come through if you're around.

I will be in NY Aug 12-15th. Where would I find a decent Belgian bar that isn't going to be swammmped?

le petit abielle...its actually a restaurant but it has a bar with a ton of belgians on tap. in fact they only serve belgian beer.

i'm not too impressed, the only notable beer they have on tap is leffe brown and tons of BS like ommegang (not even belgian), delerium tremens and kwak. it does look like they have half off on mondays so that would be a positive i guess

the belgian selection is a lot better at dba although they served their trappists way too cold last time i was there

man delirium tremens is legit. yeah half off monday is the way to go. theres this real chill french bartender there that always gives out free beers too. i dunno its definitely not a hard core beer fanatic place but its pretty good in my opinion

I understand that Kwak has a pretty high distribution and that Bosteels is going downhill (if anything's dropping it's Karmeliet), but it's way out of the Ommegang league. DBA is a good reccomendation, gotta get my Boon on.