SuperMeetup NYC

braid

Hey all,

I'll be flying out from SF on the 6th. My bf will be showing his latest collection Feb. 7 during fashion week. heading back on the 10th.

photo1pxq.jpg

If anyone can make it out to the show, that'd be awesome. Otherwise only plans for now besides that is to get pizza on Friday at some point with wild_style and drinks/debauchery saturday with mrchariybrown, royalefatale, and others.

Sidenote edit: I don't know any chicks out there. Invites I already sent out made it seem like a straight sausage fest. Holleur.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

anyone have a couch i could sleep on for a few days in late may or early june? not gonna make you rich but i can give you a bit of money or something if you want. i'm planning on moving to nyc and need a place to sleep while i look for an apartment.

Edited by wurm

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey sufuers. I'm moving out to NYC for 6 months with work in about a weeks time (currently in and from London).

I don't know anyone there, and I'm looking to join a running club when I'm there. I know there are some keen runners here, can someone give me the lowdown?

• 2 weeks later...

moved in.

my room is tiny.

the apt is dirty and ugly.

i THINK im going to be here for at least 3 years, but as of now, no matter how much NY will grow on my, CA > NY hands down. LA > NY. maybe its because im in manhattan. I should move out to williamsburg/brooklyn/queens/astoria or something like that. Or I just think NY is a good 1 week vacation spot.

moved in.

my room is tiny.

i THINK im going to be here for at least 3 years, but as of now, no matter how much NY will grow on my, CA > NY hands down. LA > NY. maybe its because im in manhattan. I should move out to williamsburg/brooklyn/queens/astoria or something like that. Or I just think NY is a good 1 week vacation spot.

welcome to ny

pm me your contact details if you want to get invited to some parties

thanks spaghettini

school is kicking in tho. dont know if ill have time to rage

today was a beautiful day tho.

if you ever see a du wearing a blue ucla basketball jersey, that would be me rofl

in the meantime -

1. where is a good place to get a decent, cheap hair cut?

2. where is a good shoe/boot cobbler? would like to get my vis some new vibram soles

3. what is a cheap grocery store in manhattan

4, what is a cheap go to place for deli/bagels/coffee/pasta/china food/etc.?

help a cheap cali guy out

Edited by mr.invincible

moved in.

my room is tiny.

i had identical thoughts when i moved out here.then i got AC. life got better. doesn't change the fact that this is one dirty ass city. hella grimey. "mad grimey" as they would say here

i got my cut at neighborhood barber by boris last week. didn't like the cut (got a high fade when asked for low/mid). though they do have good yelp reviews. imma give them another shot next week.

try to hit up trader joes before 5ish. sometime theres a line to get in, and the line to checkout wraps around the store

Chelsea Trader joes is always empty for some reason.  The union sq one is crazy, I only go there around 9:30PM when its pretty empty and workers start restocking.  I just got the freshdirect delivery pass so I'll prob wont go there as often unless I need cheap bags of fruit for juicing.

Great suggestions, although I'd suggest Fairway over Trader Joe's (for anything you can't find in Chinatown), but YMMV. Whole Foods is actually not bad and sometimes cuts prices pretty heavy if you keep an eye out (noticed good deals lately on whole chicken by the lb and things of that nature).

Your regular corner deli is going to be pretty much the same wherever you look in the major parts of the city. If you're just looking to grab the basics -- coffee, an egg/cheese/bacon on a roll, etc -- try any place that's convenient. They're all fine.

For shoe stuff, try The Firm in the East Village.

Edited by american_hearts