SuperMeetup NYC

braid

bbq-wise, this is what I know

For brisket: Hill Country

For KC-style burnt ends: RUB

Ribs: no idea...don't remember having great ones at fette sau even though the rest of the stuff was good, ribs are a huge pass at hill country. maybe dinosaur? or daisy mays? someone else here will know, maybe dino.

brunch: yeah, clinton street is one of those places that seems to live up to the hype, and it's in a nice area for post-brunch wandering. if you're gonna be in bk, try tom's in prospect heights for a really well-done version of an old neighborhood-type diner. long lines, but they treat you well (bring around coffee, orange slices, fries, cookies for people as they wait), plus its near bk museum and the park and etc. not open on sundays, though.

when you say lounge, i'm picturing something super shitty with a velvet rope and a bouncer in the Flatiron, so i'm not sure if I've got the right idea.

Definitely going to do Clinton Street. It's fairly close to the stores I want to visit as well so that works out.

As for BBQ, I'll try my luck with the previously mentioned but the lounge situation, I'm not too sure how to describe it. Like.. somewhere I can wear casual shit or I can wear a nice shirt and not feel too out of place in either situation (probably going for post-dinner drinks). We're in our mid-20's as well if that helps.

Thanks guys.

bbq-wise, this is what I know

For brisket: Hill Country

For KC-style burnt ends: RUB

Ribs: no idea...don't remember having great ones at fette sau even though the rest of the stuff was good, ribs are a huge pass at hill country. maybe dinosaur? or daisy mays? someone else here will know, maybe dino.

haven't tried hill country so i can't really compare but do you really think the brisket is better than the one at fette sau? it's the best brisket i've had outside of the brisket i had at the salt lick in austin, tx.