braid

SuperMeetup NYC

I'm coming to New York from April 27 - May 4th if I can swing a cheap place to stay.
Never underestimate the importance of good buns.

. . .

hostelllls

I'm airbnb'ing up that shit.

Seriously this is going to be the poorest trip ever. I'm getting a free plane ride to go to another thing a week before, so all I have to pay for is the train...and everything else once in NYC.

Had dinner at La Gazzetta tonight. Decided on the burger as I instantly thought of all you maniacs. Glad I did, because it was BOMB!!!

d4b6c559.jpg

07a9c186.jpg

Need recommendations on good Italian in Manhattan.. price isn't a big deal but nothing crazy expensive.

what kind of italian? it's actually really tough to find decent italian in the city. lupa's still ok foodwise but a nightmare at any time people usually eat; del posto i love but is expensive - they used to have a cheaper menu in the front room but looks like that doesn't exist anymore?

a lot of the hyped places are actually pretty bad - falai, ino etc.

if you don't mind a trek, genarro on the UWS used to be pretty good southern style (haven't been there for years)

what kind of italian? it's actually really tough to find decent italian in the city. lupa's still ok foodwise but a nightmare at any time people usually eat; del posto i love but is expensive - they used to have a cheaper menu in the front room but looks like that doesn't exist anymore?

a lot of the hyped places are actually pretty bad - falai, ino etc.

if you don't mind a trek, genarro on the UWS used to be pretty good southern style (haven't been there for years)

Del Posto for lunch

Falai is awful, but Cafe Falai is surprisingly decent.

Paprika is good for cheap italian

Osteria Morini is not bad

Hearth is consistently good

Greenwich Grill is good, but I havent been for a year

Theres also Scarpetta, barbuto, Marea, Ciano, Lincoln

Downtown Italian on the more affordable side:

Super

Mangiami

Pepe Rosso (quick lunch)

Frankies 17

Lil Frankies

The Meatball shop

Torrisi Italian Specialties

Porchetta (only pork sandwiches)

^^was just checking the menu for Hearth, will probably end up there. Thanks for all the recs everybody.

Del Posto for lunch

Falai is awful, but Cafe Falai is surprisingly decent.

Paprika is good for cheap italian

Osteria Morini is not bad

Hearth is consistently good

Greenwich Grill is good, but I havent been for a year

Theres also Scarpetta, barbuto, Marea, Ciano, Lincoln

I found scarpetta to be really overrated. Didn't blow me away. Spaghetti with tomato sauce = :confused:

I had a horrible experience at Osteria Morini. $300 for a few apps (like, olives and shit), a plate of pasta, 2 entrees and a mediocre bottle of wine in a loud ass olive garden looking restaurant w/ Q104.3 ass playlist? No thank you. I'm still bummed that Convivio closed - that was my fav MWhite joint.

^Asterix and I are eating fried cheeseburgers from korzo haus

Hahaha don't know if I'm up for that today. Tempting though.

korzo haus looks really damn good. even if I don't do it today, shit's getting bumped up the list.

actually fuck that. let me know when you're going. may not get a burger but the rest of the menu looks good, too.

actually fuck that. let me know when you're going. may not get a burger but the rest of the menu looks good, too.

yo were heading there around 3

Good god it's thunderhailing out

yo were heading there around 3

Sorry for the non-response (but it's because I had shit to do by then, anyways. had to eat earlier).

That burger looks nice, though. Will try soon.

Posted · Hidden by High Monika, February 28, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by High Monika, February 28, 2012 - No reason given
5554107022_cc15bc70f8.jpg

<3

Just got this with AmericanHearts. It was AMAZING. $11.50 for that plate and totally filling. Skip the ketchup, go for some house-made hot sauce on the side. I got the original. Good meat, really delicious but subtle cheese, and something I don't say a lot, good bacon. If you have extra fried bun, dip it in the aioli.

Makes it much sweeter when you go from 2-5 on a weekday and get all that and a pint of their house brew for $10

in town april 19-25.

burrrrgers. also need to drink more than last time.