SuperMeetup NYC

braid

So this isn't in New York but based on my experiences with burgers in your fine city I felt compelled to contribute.

Fuck new york BBQ, this my shit right here.

51b562d3.jpg

"The Double" - 2 6 ounce patties, old white cheddar, arugula, fried onions, served with a huge pile of slaw. By a huge margin, the best burger I've ever eaten.

2d6e6812.jpg

Buttermilk Fried chicken. Pretty much self explanatory.

Who's heading north soon?

http://www.thestockyards.ca/

edit - it's a bbq joint tho

neither of those things are bbq though lol

also, I am enjoying arguments about northern southern food.

Anyone want to invest in a restaurant? New York City chicken fried steak, tex-tex-mex (DOUBLE TEX), nouvelle state fair food concept .

I got the credentials. 23 years of research.

talkin queso

talkin salsas

talkin fried avocados stuffed with shitty cheese

talkin corn dogs

neither of those things are bbq though lol

also, I am enjoying arguments about northern southern food.

Anyone want to invest in a restaurant? New York City chicken fried steak, tex-tex-mex (DOUBLE TEX), nouvelle state fair food concept .

I got the credentials. 23 years of research.

talkin queso

talkin salsas

talkin fried avocados stuffed with shitty cheese

talkin corn dogs

Talkin fried pickles w/ ranch and I'm in

Talkin fried pickles w/ ranch and I'm in

spears and chips (crinkle cut), my dude.

what saddens me the most is that i'm leaving tomorrow night and I wont even be able to taste the quarter of what i wanted to eat (that i've discovered in this thread)

and the list will just keep growing, ha.

I'm coming to New York from April 27 - May 4th if I can swing a cheap place to stay. Anyone down for a karaoke battle of the wills?

Also, does anyone know any super cheap places to stay, or have a friend who is interested in subletting their place for a week? Budget holidays are difficult to plan.

hostelllls

I'm airbnb'ing up that shit.

Seriously this is going to be the poorest trip ever. I'm getting a free plane ride to go to another thing a week before, so all I have to pay for is the train...and everything else once in NYC.

Need recommendations on good Italian in Manhattan.. price isn't a big deal but nothing crazy expensive.

what kind of italian? it's actually really tough to find decent italian in the city. lupa's still ok foodwise but a nightmare at any time people usually eat; del posto i love but is expensive - they used to have a cheaper menu in the front room but looks like that doesn't exist anymore?

a lot of the hyped places are actually pretty bad - falai, ino etc.

if you don't mind a trek, genarro on the UWS used to be pretty good southern style (haven't been there for years)

what kind of italian? it's actually really tough to find decent italian in the city. lupa's still ok foodwise but a nightmare at any time people usually eat; del posto i love but is expensive - they used to have a cheaper menu in the front room but looks like that doesn't exist anymore?

a lot of the hyped places are actually pretty bad - falai, ino etc.

if you don't mind a trek, genarro on the UWS used to be pretty good southern style (haven't been there for years)

Del Posto for lunch

Falai is awful, but Cafe Falai is surprisingly decent.

Paprika is good for cheap italian

Osteria Morini is not bad

Hearth is consistently good

Greenwich Grill is good, but I havent been for a year

Theres also Scarpetta, barbuto, Marea, Ciano, Lincoln

Del Posto for lunch

Falai is awful, but Cafe Falai is surprisingly decent.

Paprika is good for cheap italian

Osteria Morini is not bad

Hearth is consistently good

Greenwich Grill is good, but I havent been for a year

Theres also Scarpetta, barbuto, Marea, Ciano, Lincoln

I found scarpetta to be really overrated. Didn't blow me away. Spaghetti with tomato sauce = :confused:

I had a horrible experience at Osteria Morini. $300 for a few apps (like, olives and shit), a plate of pasta, 2 entrees and a mediocre bottle of wine in a loud ass olive garden looking restaurant w/ Q104.3 ass playlist? No thank you. I'm still bummed that Convivio closed - that was my fav MWhite joint.