SuperMeetup NYC

braid

Its $30 a person. They keep bringing out trays of meat. So dope. Buckets of beer are extra, but so necessary.

man

I'm generally fine with the price of food in new york, but that's just too much for barbecue.

Guess it's a good deal compared to getting stuff there at normal price if you're going to eat a ton, though.

To be fair, I'll probably never be able to give barbecue in new york a fair evaluation, regardless of cost. Just won't be the same to me.

I have heard that Hill Country is pretty legit, though.

But I don't understand how they don't have Shiner Bock.

To be fair, I'll probably never be able to give barbecue in new york a fair evaluation, regardless of cost. Just won't be the same to me.

I felt the same (well, maybe ALMOST the same) coming from fla, but yo, the smoke joint in bk is my fav BBQ here by far so far

It's soooooo goooood. I've only ever fucked with the cupfulla pulled pork and the mac n cheese, they were dope enough the first try to keep me from straying, so..

ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh munchies.

Shiner doesn't distribute to NY. I've heard RUB has it, though. Is this true? If so, I wonder how -- best guess is they're smuggling it in, but I can't imagine it's worth the hassle and risk of losing a license.

best bbq i've had in ny is dinosaur bbq in harlem.

but nothing compares to the bbq i'm having in austin right now, DELICIOUS.

you probably aren't even going to the best places :)

get your ass to luling or lockhart while you are there. it's less than an hour away. and very, very worth it.

Posted · Hidden by High Monika, February 28, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by High Monika, February 28, 2012 - No reason given
Everybody in this thread is a food snob.

I disagree. I'd rather have a shitload of OK bbq than a little bit of really good bbq. Hence, I probably won't be going back to Rub. DALLAS BBQ HERE I COME.