SuperMeetup NYC

braid

Definitely on the Brindle Room bandwagon.

Not sure what the normal bun is like, but the waitress had to run to the corner store to grab buns because they were out. I was worried at first, but it ended up being a non-issue. The meat is amazing and the plain bun was actually pretty nice with it. Bottom got good and soggy but never fell apart. Is the normal bun a pretty simple white bun, too?

(edit: just read that the bun is always a plain, white, store-bought style bun. That makes sense and seems like a good choice to me)

Went with swiss cheese. I love bleu cheese, but usually only get it on burgers that are specifically bleu cheeseburgers (still looking forward to the spotted pig jawn).

Meat was loose and rich and juicy and a little funky in a good way. I'm guessing the funk comes from it being made from dry-aged beef trimmings. The sear was amazing – consistently crispy outside but not at the cost of a perfectly medium-rare inside. The "snap" of the sear to the richness and texture of the ground meat honestly reminded me a little of the loose-packed sausage at Luling City Market barbecue in Luling, Texas (some of the best barbecue on the planet, if you dig Texas-style). And that is not a comparison that comes lightly from me.

The caramelized onions were sweet and melty, but definitely added to the richness of the burger. The pickles they serve on the side were nice for some acidity to cut through the fat.

Fucking great. Definitely one of the better burgers I've ever eaten.

Fries were noteworthily good, too. Especially the ones with some skin.

Place is killing it, as everyone has reported. Get there before the wait/prices become what they should be for this quality of food.

And pictures:

2utlriv.jpg

2gx0cqb.jpg

And a bonus better-barbecue-than-you-will-probably-ever-eat picture that includes aforementioned sausage:

117y0cp.jpg