SuperMeetup NYC

braid

Damn, forgot all about burger Mondays at RUB. Anybody down for that?

im down. we should start a club where we try a new restaurant every month or something.

on the topic of burgers...im not trying to spend more than $15 on a burger and at that price it better be extra legit plus come with mad fries or something. anything more and id rather get "real food." ive had many of the top burgers in nyc (except black label) and to be honest i almost always prefer the cheaper ones. new jalepeno cheddar steakhouse from bk is dope.

Restaurant burgers suck. That includes Daniel Boulud's fancy shit right along with any random resto that throws a burger in the mix. I'd take a Steak 'n Shake steakburger over any of those, any day of the week. The Black Label is one of the very few exceptions where it actually deserves its place on the menu. Rub's looks real legit, too, for a classic griddle burger.

We can also play credit card roulette during the SUFU Fat Bastards Eating Society excursions.

For those who dont know what that is. We all hand our credit cards to the server when we get the bill and ask that it be charged on one random card.

It's kinda douchey but fun.

OK,

just to recap..

So I split an aged buger and NY prime steak last night at Minetta tavern..

the $22 burger is really dense with flavor soaked in butter, and hints of grass and gaminess to it... i don't think i could really eat a whole one, too much taste almost in my opinion..

the $46 steak had a little too much fat lined around the outside of the cut for my particular liking, but once that was gotten past, the steak was kinda the winner here, still could not finish it,

rich with deep taste,

hmmmmmmm.

i dont think i would go out of my way to drop that much on a burger for the taste there now,

but the ambiance and service of the spot was dead on..

so in that respect, a must for steak.

i am up next for a Peter Luger lunch Burger experience which i hear is a hidden gem on the menu many pass up..

Shake shack is good, custard shakes are bomb you have to get the shack stack with the deep fried cheese stuffed portobelo or theres not much of a point in my eyes, and still, It's not worth an hour standing in line good, more of a novelty but everyone should still check it of his list

SUFU Fat Bastards Eating Society

I am behind this initiative 110%. I've (very slowly) been trying to eat my way through this burger list:

http://newyork.grubstreet.com/2009/07/the_burger_register_new_yorks_82_most_notable_burgers.html#photo=29x20340

American hearts won't be invited.

might be in NY for work this weekend.

plan on fucking up this dirbab dude.

Yo I'll help you hit me up, fam

anybody try the burger at brindle room? somebody rated it #1 burger in ny. its dry aged but only cost $13. ive also been wanting to try the duck confit poutine there.

it's very good and every time i go the place is criminally empty. (the meat is from a steakhouse that ages its own beef)

Shake shack is good, custard shakes are bomb you have to get the shack stack with the deep fried cheese stuffed portobelo or theres not much of a point in my eyes, and still, It's not worth an hour standing in line good, more of a novelty but everyone should still check it of his list

I am behind this initiative 110%. I've (very slowly) been trying to eat my way through this burger list:

http://newyork.grubstreet.com/2009/07/the_burger_register_new_yorks_82_most_notable_burgers.html#photo=29x20340

Yo I'll help you hit me up, fam

Lol paul's burger comes up looking like an AA model amongst a gallery of haute couture

the Landmarc burger was pretty good, but I'm not big burgers larger than 8 oz.

Stand is hit or miss, sometimes too salty

Prune's burger is good but a bit too greasy from the buttered bun and cheddar.

Smith burger is good, just too big, and the bun is brioche so it gets too soggy.

Fanellis was okay

Blue Smoke's is the exact same blend as Shake Shacks, and you can have them make the burger into two 4 oz burgers on request cus they're not preformed patties.

Back Forty is pretty good.

Wanna try Zaitzeff and Veselka

Smith burger is good, just too big, and the bun is brioche so it gets too soggy.

Wanna try Zaitzeff and Veselka

Agree, Smith has a good burger but if I'm there I'm probably gonna get the pot pie and some chips w/blue cheese instead. Veselka's cheeseburger is so damn pretty, like the romanticized version of an all-night restaurant burger. So good.

Aw man, don't hate me for talking shit on Paul's. Truth is, I like it fine and tbh it sounds like we like the same kinda grimey shit. No hoity toity here, sorry if it came off that way. Trust me, my money's more like Paul's money than Minetta money. Burger truce?

zaitzeff is good, however they charge for toppings like cheese. that always annoys the hell out of me. when you buy a burger it should come with all the fixings plus a large side of fries. i like the jane burger for this reason; really good value.

^yo I got some cleaning to do and bs like that but hit me up a bit after you're out if you're hungry. I just ate 3 Crif dogs last night but I'm still on winter break til Monday so that's my justification and I'm stickin to it

Aw man, don't hate me for talking shit on Paul's. Truth is, I like it fine and tbh it sounds like we like the same kinda grimey shit. No hoity toity here, sorry if it came off that way. Trust me, my money's more like Paul's money than Minetta money. Burger truce?

fineeee, burger truce. It wasn't so much the Pauls hate as it was the steak n shake love. Back in Florida it was one of the only 24 hr eat spots but it never did anything for me and the frisco melts I'd always be pressured into sucked so instead I'd just opt for 3am breakfast food at Denny's lol.