SuperMeetup NYC

braid

Decent tailor for a nice overcoat? Something that doesn't have a 3 week wait like Stanton?

I take all of my outerwear and suiting to Ignacio on E. 60th. It will never take longer than a week, and he will complete it faster if you ask.

Unlike Stanton, there are many competent tailors working for him, so you can do your fitting at any time. I always think back to when I tried to go to Stanton and was told that the tailor wouldn't be in for an hour, but the 5 guys in there couldn't mark the measurements. I would never feel safe having someone alter my clothing that couldn't do that.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone have a recommendation for a legit back massage in manhattan? Between being stressed the fuck out, passing out in bad positions in even worse places, and poor posture my shit is all sorts of FUCKED UP. Never had a real massage in my life and after waking up in pain at 4 this morning I think I'm about due.

Like some real, hard core deep tissue like shit. I need that good stuff

can someone give me recs for legit japanese comfort food (not looking for sushi or really pricey shit)?

i guess i'm looking for izakaya & yakitori-ya

to complement ippudo and that one jap bakery/ cafe.

is everything around saint mark's? it looks mad gimmicky/touristy, but if that's where the food is ... ehh

Everything on st marks sucks and caters to NYU transplants. Good izakayas like Aburiya Kinnosuke are in midtown, Hakata TonTon in the west village is one of the best in NYC. The good yakitoriyas like Torishin, Totto, and Torys in NYC are expensive as the ones in Ginza. No ghetto ass sit on milk crate mom and pops operations here.

can someone give me recs for legit japanese comfort food (not looking for sushi or really pricey shit)?

i guess i'm looking for izakaya & yakitori-ya

to complement ippudo and that one jap bakery/ cafe.

is everything around saint mark's? it looks mad gimmicky/touristy, but if that's where the food is ... ehh

yeah skip the whole St Marks place japanese holes, unless you are a collage student on a super tight budget, or just looking for that scene..

i am a native NY'er, and eat plenty of asian food here and abroad.

for proper japanese recommendations,

most def look into and follow this amazing japanese / english food blog from this local.

she posts photos, reviews and info from spots she likes.

CHAMAGRAPHY

http://www.chamagraphy.com/blog/

• 3 weeks later...