SuperMeetup NYC

braid

I need some part-time work until I find full-time in my field. Anyone know of any retail positions or anything else decent that isn't food service?

why dont you find a temp agency to get a temp job as a mail room clerk, or a receptionist. Sitting in an airconditioned office all day surfing the net for more than 12 bucks an hour is better than working retail.

Went to luke's lobster last night in the e village, good but no crab legs :(

And s'mac blows mac bar or whatever it's called in soho out of the water.

by crab legs you mean snow crabs? or just straight up crabs?

just about every chinatown place got crabs --- you could even pick which one you want to eat. king crab sooooo good

what time were you at lukes? my friends pussed out and we went to porchetta instead

9ish prolly?

by crab legs you mean snow crabs? or just straight up crabs?

just about every chinatown place got crabs --- you could even pick which one you want to eat. king crab sooooo good

king crab preferably, big fuckers. But you'll have to show me since I don't fuck with Chinatown without a proper tour guide/translator :P I never know where to start or to trust down there

wait wut? buffalo chicken mac and cheese? sounds so fucking good.

ride over and we'll get some they deliver to me. Bangin'.

yo light a j and go crab fishing. most relaxing shit ever

Fishings never been my idea of fun nor relaxation b..

i'm travelling to the city on july 15 for several days and i wanna do some wild shit w/ my pals. i think we're staying in a hostel somewhere in manhattan, but prolly more interested in the brooklyn happenings. (that's still cool, right??)

what's going on?? shows, art things... whatever

or just generally good tings like your recommendations on bars... please halp. and maybe sell me drugs / come have fun drinking... your call

but most importantly, part(y)ies w/ art school girls - where 2 find?

Grumpy, Gimme and Blue Bottle have been good to me -- my palate is never going to get me on a judge's panel so, for me, it mainly has to do with the vibe of the shop, location convenience on that particular day, and the texture of the milk on the occasions I go for a cappuccino.

And, unlike the rest of this city, I don't like to wait in line for shit.

Appreciate the link. How accurate is the opening part of that article. I mean, are baristas really just now starting to steam up milk to order and pay attention to how their shots pull? Is roasting your own beans really a new phenomenon in NYC?

tbh i never read the article. i think really really good coffee is fairly new to ny. if you check out the coffee thread we talk about ny quite a lot. i live very close to abraco, which is probably in ny top 3 so i don't really go to other places. I think most of the star places on that map won't disappoint.

The ones that could be considered destination spots are Ninth Street, Blue Bottle, Bluebird, Abraco, Grumpy, Gimme, Everyman, Stumptown. The rest, at least the ones I've tried, are all good, too. Not a bad list.

I will say that "best baristas in the business" is no longer true for Gorilla -- "breaking the spirits of the best baristas in the business" is more accurate. There's always been too much turnover to count on consistency, especially after the recent all-staff walkout.