SuperMeetup NYC

braid

Hey guys! Ima be djing as the opener on Monday (11/16) and I'd love to see a couple sufuers come down. I'll be spinning deep house, tech house, and house music. Hit me back up for guestlist and I'll be sure to sort everyone out on free drinks. Flyer is below:

exacta.jpg

Hope to see you all there!

sway changes "crowds" about every two years. i've been there when i was 20, which was long time ago and it was shit. it is still shit now.

i mean every club is shit now. the only reason to go to a club is fun crowd and right now it's almost impossible to find that in nyc.

Unfortunately I've found that the best "crowds" are usually at the really pretentious places now. I was at avenue with a friend last week and had a blast. I usually just end up going to places with good people and relying more on the drinks and the DJ than the crowd to have a good time.

I cant stand avenue, 1oak, juliet etc. Any time I go there is only because a friend has a party and I just hope I don't have to pay $500 per bottle to drink with some asshole bankers with plastic girls.

Word. No doubt the scene is full of pretentious dickheads. But people were dancing, the interior is sick, and I wasnt paying for drinks.

Just make friends with some douchebag with a table. Its not something I would usually enjoy but once in a while its a decent time.

It's not about the crowd, though sometimes it is interesting. Russian/Ukrainian/Polish gangsters Monday and Tuesday nights, drunks on Wednesday, and then the regulars Thursday-Sunday

you've probably been considering it's in your backyard..

My go to spot is a tiny bar downtown on 1st ave. Usually I'm dragged out to other places and then return there to end the night. $4 for a huge whiskey shot and a beer, super low key. Cool bartenders, bouncers. Crowd is usually a bunch of middle aged drunk depressed people, it's fantastic. Can't go wrong

unless it's middle of the day, it's not really my scene -- but it's always cheap and there's a pool table. I'm well over legal age...so, I'm just sayin. Don't expect to put one over. They get a consistently young crowd, so it makes sense. They're not about getting those fines.

It is one of the only legitimate dives in that part of the village, though. Everything's a 'dive' these days. Don't buy it.

oh fuck that, no normal polish people go to slyfox anymore. is olga still bartending there? i used to go there when i was your age, and then it was pretty cool.

you should go to blue & gold but i don't know if they card.

Olga covers for Irina when she goes out for a cigarette or to get food. Sly Fox is my joint if Sophie's is carding

they card fucking HARD. every time. without fail.

blue & gold has carded me before when I was with an older crowd and then I go with people my own age and no one got carded. But I'll be fucked if I'm gonna pay $5 for a beer that's room temperature.