Sign in to follow this  
Marcus

PRPS purple selvage

I was able to pick up a pair a few days ago. I'm really pleased with them.

Anybody have comments on theirs, or could tell me anything further so I can get some background info on these? Ringring, you there???...

Prps is owned by Akademiks (the mainstream ugly hiphop label), but has released some decent stuff. Nice details (I dig the multicolored buttons + little label on the back), and has some absolutely insane washes. Their washes are too over-the-top for me, but I respect them since they're done so well.

They also make some amazing t-shirts that I'd love to buy but they cost way too much.

i've seen this stuff in person and the purple selvage is impressive.

but the overall look isn't. especially at $400+ a pair, that shit ain't that legit.

no luck

Quote:

prps is only affiliated with akademiks as far as donwan harrell goes in design but its not own by them.

--- Original message by timeforsumaksion on Oct 10, 2005 08:48 PM

They are financial subsidiaries of Akademiks.

Quote:

yea there you go

--- Original message by timeforsumaksion on Oct 10, 2005 08:58 PM

Which means Prps is owned by Akademiks.. icon_smile_blackeye.gif

To reiterate:

"About Akademiks

Since its inception in Spring 1999, Akademiks JeaniusLevelProducts has been bringing superior craftsmanship and design to the trendsetting, fashion forward consumer, and given new life to the world of young men's streetwear. And with that evolution, Akademiks has taken its JeaniusLevelProducts to the next level with its Stadium Division (active), akdmks ladies, Akademiks Kids, and PRPS, the contemporary men's denim line. All of the Akademiks brands dare to offer original, stand-alone clothing that is ahead of its time and yet right on target."

http://www.amerexgroup.com/pressreleases-1-20-04.asp

First result of a Google search. Not tough to do. Do some (very basic!) research next time.

Edited by minya on Oct 10, 2005 at 10:08 PM

I can't get any pics up right now, but I'll try in a few days when I'm back home.

Even though Akademiks sucks, I love my PRPS now.

Mine are one washes, so they aren't really to badly washed, and are actually just a bit curled up.

I might iron them, since tey'll probably look better that way.

Regarding the fit, a photo wouldn't help you much. I have a really funny shaped body, and you would get anything from it. But they are quite straight/loose, but seem a slight bootcut... Not sure on this however

I've tried on those one-wash "wrinkled" PRPS, they have very loose straight legs. I liked the detailing and construction a lot, but I didn't like the way the loose legs looked on me so I didn't buy them.

ask a cassowary

i wear mine constantly.

like em ... but yeah ... stretched out like a muthafucker.

i'm waiting for the new shit ...

saw a new pair at villains vault ... wasn't quite feeling it ...

they had a camo hoodie too ...

heard good things in regards to there being a bunch of different new cuts available ...

keeping my fingers crossed for a bit more narrow dry selvedge pair ...

i'm on the top of the call list at rolo + american rag in regards to prps ... er at least that's what clerks say ...

when shit comes in i'll keep heads in the loop.

The purple selv ones that someone on this board has listed on ebay are quite nice. For a baggy jean they have quite a flattering fit. Wash is decent, tho I would've preferred something darker but they look great on. The denim jacket they do is amazing. Very nice IMO.

oh and dude called said that there are 4 or 5 new styles of PRPS recieved at american rag sf if heads want to check that out ... haven't had the opportunity to see it myself yet ...