top 5 rap albums: 2000 - present

Gangsta and a Gentleman? I remember anticipating that album to be full of some hard shit since i always thought Styles P was such...remember being disappointed as all hell even after forcing myself to like the album with back to back listens i just couldn't...

always thought Stillmatic was overrated. If you want a Nas contribution post 2000 i'd put Lost Tapes (even though some of that is before).

Gangsta and a Gentleman? I remember anticipating that album to be full of some hard shit since i always thought Styles P was such...remember being disappointed as all hell even after forcing myself to like the album with back to back listens i just couldn't...

always thought Stillmatic was overrated. If you want a Nas contribution post 2000 i'd put Lost Tapes (even though some of that is before).

Totally agree with Stillmatic.

Agree with SP's first too...but I loved a good handful of the joints. It has def. grown on me over the years...now I like it more than Kiss' first.

come to think of it The Lox (group or solo) have never dropped an album that realizes their full potential. quite a few good songs here and there...

but isnt that 98% of hip hop...

Well yeah...cept I really can't shit on "We Are The Streets"...that WAS the album I'd do my sets to...as well as a few other things...shit was super hard...esp. for that earlier Triton keyboard beat era.

Plus you always had full steam ahead status on the numerous solo and group mixtapes. That's where you really got the business.

I also think that Styles' "SGEG" is the most solid of the Lox solo releases...as far as consistency goes.

I feel obligated, though I think everything I'll mention has already been listed, plus I always confuse late 90's/early 00's:

Cormega- The Realness

Prodigy- H.N.I.C

50 Cent- Get Rich or Die Trying

GFK- Supreme Clientele

Styles P- Super Gangster Extraordinary Gentleman

Honorable mentions:

Masta Ace- A Long Hot Summer

The Jacka- Jack Artist

Cormega- The True Meaning

CNN- The Reunion

come to think of it The Lox (group or solo) have never dropped an album that realizes their full potential. quite a few good songs here and there...

Def agree with this

I can't believe people are putting Kanye on a list of best albums since 2000...even Jay-Z is a stretch but fucking Kanye? His beats are ok...but the guy can't fucking rap at all, his lyrics are so terrible (I wonder why I have so many neg reps).

Here are some dope albums if you are into RAPPERS...

1. Binary Star- Master's of the universe (everyone needs to hear this album)

2. Big L- Big Picture

3. GFK- supreme clientele

4. Inspectah deck- Resident patient

5. NaS- Stillmatic

Bunch of other rappers deserve to be heard also that have all been mentioned...cormega, cannabis...Masta killa's "no said date" is a great album also

Def agree with this

I can't believe people are putting Kanye on a list of best albums since 2000...even Jay-Z is a stretch but fucking Kanye? His beats are ok...but the guy can't fucking rap at all, his lyrics are so terrible (I wonder why I have so many neg reps).

2. Big L- Big Picture

5. NaS- Stillmatic

Bunch of other rappers deserve to be heard also that have all been mentioned...cormega, cannabis...Masta killa's "no said date" is a great album also

Def agree with this

2. Big L- Big Picture

5. NaS- Stillmatic

if i came up with a list for this thread, would be similar to this. throw in kanye graduation in there for me

binary star - masters of the universe is def up there for me. too bad senim silla sucks solo

heBAY -> whats super extraoridnary gentleman all about ? like a ghost in the shell type mixtape?

fuckin SDE was phenomenal, Cam straight out of COTC was gully, i lost track of him after every other song was a sample

I love HNIC too, that was the highlight of Prodigy's career

heBAY -> whats super extraoridnary gentleman all about ? like a ghost in the shell type mixtape?

fuckin SDE was phenomenal, Cam straight out of COTC was gully, i lost track of him after every other song was a sample

I love HNIC too, that was the highlight of Prodigy's career

Amen to all of that...SDE was when Juelz was raw too (pause). That COTC shit was ridiculous. I remember meeting McGruff one day at Pegasus uptown (109th n 3rd) and being glad that he was still in the music shit as well as not G-Dep filthy (apparently he cops a new pair of constructs every other day...or maybe daily...i forget). Too bad about Bloodshed, he was dumb nice too.

The SGEG shit is not a mixtape, but the last Styles album to come out. Fuego.

if i came up with a list for this thread, would be similar to this. throw in kanye graduation in there for me

binary star - masters of the universe is def up there for me. too bad senim silla sucks solo

Yo...what senim album you got? I didn't like name, motto, outcome on first listen but like, after 6 or 7 times through it grew on me. Haven't heard any solo one man army, but his flow/voice/lyrics are killer...they should have kept fast food joint on masters of the universe, that song is phenominal

COTC (and pre-jibberish Cam) in general go hard as fuck

Kanye's albums have evolved with each one and he is becoming more and more of a conceptual artist in his writing, but especially in his instrumentals...which is why i'd put his latest up in my top 5. the whole thing gels really well. "Drunk and Hot Girls" is the fucking knock.

Nice lists, my top 5 would look pretty close to RBW's. Here are a couple other albums I like that I don't believe have been mentioned yet ...

Lake - Gutter Block King (mixtape)

MOP - Warriorz

Masta Ace - Disposable Arts

Sean Price - Monkey Bars

Trife Da God - Stapleton to Somalia